Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Use your Apple Watch with a cellular network
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- World Clock
- Set up Apple Watch using VoiceOver
- Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver
- Apple Watch Mirroring
- Control nearby devices
- Use a braille display
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard
- Tell time with haptic feedback
- Adjust text size and other visual settings
- Adjust motor skills settings
- Set up and use RTT
- Accessibility audio settings
- Use accessibility features with Siri
- The Accessibility Shortcut
Make purchases with Apple Watch
Pay for a purchase in a store with Apple Watch
Double-click the side button.
Scroll to choose a card.
Hold your Apple Watch within a few centimeters of the contactless card reader, with the display facing the reader.
A gentle tap and beep confirm that the payment information was sent. You receive a notification in Notification Center when the transaction is confirmed.
For cards that support it, you also receive a notification for purchases made with any card you’ve added to Wallet, even if you didn’t make it with your Apple Watch, iPad, or an iOS device.
You can turn off notifications and history for individual cards within Wallet. Just open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, go to Wallet & Apple Pay, tap a card, tap Transactions, then turn Show History and Allow Notifications on or off.
Make a purchase within an app
When you’re shopping in an app on your Apple Watch, choose the Apple Pay option during checkout.
Review the payment, shipping, and billing information, then double-click the side button to pay with your Apple Watch.