iPod touch User Guide
- Your iPod touch
- What’s new in iOS 15
- Turn on and set up iPod touch
- Wake and unlock
- Connect to the internet
- Find settings
- Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts
- Learn the meaning of the status icons
- Download or bookmark the user guide
- Learn basic gestures
- Adjust the volume
- Multitask with Picture in Picture
- Access features from the Lock Screen
- Perform quick actions
- Search with iPod touch
- Use AirDrop to send items
- Take a screenshot or screen recording
- Get information about your iPod touch
- Travel with iPod touch
- Change or turn off the sounds
- Change the wallpaper
- Adjust the screen brightness and color balance
- Change the name of your iPod touch
- Change the date and time
- Change the language and region
- Use and customize Control Center
- Change or lock the screen orientation
- Set up FaceTime
- Make and receive calls
- Create a FaceTime link
- Take a Live Photo
- Use other apps during a call
- Make a Group FaceTime call
- View participants in a grid
- Use SharePlay to watch and listen together
- Share your screen
- Change the video settings
- Change the audio settings
- Add camera effects
- Leave a call or switch to Messages
- Block unwanted callers
- Adjust map settings
- Fill out your Health Details
- Track your menstrual cycle
- Back up your Health data
- Check your email
- Set email notifications
- Search for email
- Organize email in mailboxes
- Use Hide My Email
- Change email settings
- Use Mail Privacy Protection
- Delete and recover emails
- Add a Mail widget to your Home Screen
- Print emails
- View maps
- Search for places
- Find nearby attractions, restaurants, and services
- Get information about places
- Mark places
- Share places
- Rate places
- Save favorite places
- Explore new places with Guides
- Organize places in My Guides
- Get traffic and weather info
- Delete significant locations
- Quickly find your Maps settings
- Use Siri, Maps, and the Maps widget to get directions
- Select other route options
- Things you can do while following a route
- Get driving directions
- Report traffic incidents in Maps on iPod touch
- Get cycling directions
- Get walking directions
- Get transit directions
- Delete recent directions
- Use Maps on your Mac to get directions
- Get rides
- Get music
- View albums, playlists, and more
- Play music
- Queue up your music
- Listen to broadcast radio
- Listen to music with Apple Music Voice
- Change the way music sounds
- Get started with News
- Use News widgets
- See news stories chosen just for you
- Read stories
- Listen to Apple News Today
- Search for news stories
- Save news stories for later
- Subscribe to news channels
- View photos
- Play videos and slideshows
- Delete and hide photos and videos
- Edit photos and videos
- Trim video length and adjust slow motion
- Edit Live Photos
- Make photo albums
- Edit and organize albums
- Filter and sort photos in an album
- Search in Photos
- Share photos and videos
- View photos and videos shared with you
- Watch memories
- Personalize memories
- Find people in Photos
- Show a person or place less often
- Browse photos by location
- Use iCloud Photos
- Share photos with iCloud Shared Albums
- Import photos and videos
- Print photos
- Browse the web
- Customize your Safari settings
- Change the layout
- Search for websites
- Use tabs in Safari
- Bookmark favorite webpages
- Save pages to a Reading List
- View links shared with you
- Automatically fill in forms
- Get extensions
- Hide ads and distractions
- Browse the web privately
- Clear your cache
- Use Hide My Email
- Accessories for charging iPod touch
- HomePod and AirPlay 2 speakers
- External storage devices
- Bluetooth accessories
- Make and receive phone calls
- Hand off tasks between devices
- Wirelessly stream video, photos, and audio to Mac
- Cut, copy, and paste between iPod touch and other devices
- Connect iPod touch and your computer with a cable
- Sync iPod touch with your computer
- Transfer files between iPod touch and your computer
- Get started with accessibility features
- Turn on and practice VoiceOver
- Change your VoiceOver settings
- Learn VoiceOver gestures
- Operate iPod touch using VoiceOver gestures
- Control VoiceOver using the rotor
- Use the onscreen keyboard
- Write with your finger
- Use VoiceOver with an Apple external keyboard
- Use a braille display
- Type onscreen braille
- Customize gestures and keyboard shortcuts
- Use VoiceOver with a pointer device
- Use VoiceOver for images and videos
- Use VoiceOver in apps
- Display & Text Size
- Spoken Content
- Audio Descriptions
- Use built-in security and privacy protections
- Keep your Apple ID secure
- Sign in with Apple
- Automatically fill in strong passwords
- Change weak or compromised passwords
- View your passwords and related information
- Share passwords securely with AirDrop
- Make your passwords available on all your devices
- Automatically fill in verification codes
- Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID
- Control access to information in apps
- Control access to hardware features
- Control app tracking permissions on iPod touch
- Control the location information you share
- Turn on iCloud Private Relay
- Create and manage Hide My Email addresses
- Use a private network address
- Control how Apple delivers advertising to you
Check stocks on iPod touch
Use the Stocks app to track market activity, view the performance of stocks you follow, and get the latest business news.
Siri: Say something like: “How are the markets doing?” or “How’s Apple stock today?” Learn how to ask Siri.
Manage your watchlist
Add the stocks you follow to your watchlist to quickly view price, daily price and percentage changes, and market capitalization values.
Add a symbol to your watchlist: In the search field, enter a stock symbol, company name, fund name, or index. In the search results, tap the symbol you want to add, then tap Add or Add to Watchlist. Or, tap , tap Edit Watchlist, then follow the same steps.
Delete a symbol: Swipe left on the symbol in your watchlist, then tap . Or, tap , tap Edit Watchlist, tap next to the symbol, then tap .
Reorder symbols: Touch and hold a symbol in your watchlist, then drag it into a new position. Or, tap , tap Edit Watchlist, touch and hold , then drag the symbol to a new position.
Show currency: Tap , then tap Show Currency to display the currency the symbol is traded in (iOS 15.2 or later).
View stock charts, details, and news
Tap a stock symbol in your watchlist to view an interactive chart, additional details, and related news stories.
See the performance of a stock over time: Tap an option from the time range selections at the top of the chart.
See the value for a specific date or time: Touch and hold the chart with one finger.
See the difference in value over time: Touch and hold the chart with two fingers.
See more details: Swipe the data below the chart to see additional stock details like 52-week high and low, Beta, EPS, and average trading volume.
Read news: Swipe up to see additional news stories, then tap a story.
To return to your watchlist, tap .
View your watchlist across devices
You can view your watchlist across your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac when you’re signed in with the same Apple ID.
On your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then turn on Stocks.
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then do one of the following:
macOS 10.15 or later: Click Apple ID, select iCloud, then turn on Stocks.
macOS 10.14 or earlier: Select iCloud, then turn on Stocks.
Read business news
Swipe up on Business News or Top Stories to view stories that highlight the current news driving the market. Stories about companies in your watchlist are grouped by ticker symbol. In countries where Apple News is available, you also see stories selected by the Apple News editors and stories from Apple News+. (Apple News and Apple News+ content is not available in all countries or regions.)
Note: If you tap an Apple News+ story and you’re not an Apple News+ subscriber, tap the subscribe or free trial button, then follow the onscreen instructions. To learn more about Apple News+, see Subscribe to Apple News+.
Tap a story to read it. While viewing a story, you have these options:
Return to your newsfeed in Stocks: Tap or Done in the top-left corner.
See more stories from the publication in Apple News: Tap the publisher logo at the top of the screen.
Save the story to Apple News: Tap in the top-left corner.
Note: To save stories to Apple News, make sure to sign in with your Apple ID, then go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then turn on News.
Change the text size: Tap in the top-right corner, then tap the smaller or larger letter to change the text size in the story.
Share the story: Tap in the top-right corner, tap Share Story, then choose a sharing option, such as Messages or Mail.
Stories from publications you have blocked in Apple News don’t appear in the newsfeed. See See news stories chosen just for you on iPod touch.
Play audio stories
Some news stories include an audio version that you can listen to in the Stocks app or listen to later in the News app (iOS 15.4; not available in all countries or regions).
To listen to the audio version of a story, tap Play Now. Or, tap the story to read it, then tap Play Now at the top of the story.
Use the mini player at the bottom of the screen to pause the story or jump back 15 seconds. To open the full-screen player, tap the mini player.
To return to the mini player, swipe down to minimize the full-screen player.
To close the mini player, touch and hold the player, then tap Close Audio Player.
If you subscribe to Apple News+, you can add an audio story from the Stocks app to your Up Next queue in News.
Add from a Stocks newsfeed: Touch and hold the story, tap Play Later in News, then choose Play Next or Play Last.
Add from the story: Open the story, then touch and hold Play Now at the top of the story. Tap Play Later in News, then choose Play Next or Play Last.
Note: To add stories to News, make sure to sign in with your Apple ID, then go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, and turn on News.
Add a Stocks widget to your iPod touch Home Screen
Use a Stocks widget to check stocks at a glance on your iPod touch Home Screen. Choose Watchlist to monitor several symbols from your watchlist on your Home Screen, or Symbol to monitor the performance of a single symbol. See Add a widget to your Home Screen.