iPod touch User Guide
- Your iPod touch
- What’s new in iOS 15
- Turn on and set up iPod touch
- Wake and unlock
- Connect to the internet
- Find settings
- Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts
- Learn the meaning of the status icons
- Download or bookmark the user guide
- Learn basic gestures
- Adjust the volume
- Multitask with Picture in Picture
- Access features from the Lock Screen
- Perform quick actions
- Search with iPod touch
- Use AirDrop to send items
- Take a screenshot or screen recording
- Get information about your iPod touch
- Travel with iPod touch
- Change or turn off the sounds
- Change the wallpaper
- Adjust the screen brightness and color balance
- Change the name of your iPod touch
- Change the date and time
- Change the language and region
- Use and customize Control Center
- Change or lock the screen orientation
- Set up FaceTime
- Make and receive calls
- Create a FaceTime link
- Take a Live Photo
- Use other apps during a call
- Make a Group FaceTime call
- View participants in a grid
- Use SharePlay to watch and listen together
- Share your screen
- Change the video settings
- Change the audio settings
- Add camera effects
- Leave a call or switch to Messages
- Block unwanted callers
- Adjust map settings
- Fill out your Health Details
- Track your menstrual cycle
- Back up your Health data
- Check your email
- Set email notifications
- Search for email
- Organize email in mailboxes
- Use Hide My Email
- Change email settings
- Use Mail Privacy Protection
- Delete and recover emails
- Add a Mail widget to your Home Screen
- Print emails
- View maps
- Search for places
- Find nearby attractions, restaurants, and services
- Get information about places
- Mark places
- Share places
- Rate places
- Save favorite places
- Explore new places with Guides
- Organize places in My Guides
- Get traffic and weather info
- Delete significant locations
- Quickly find your Maps settings
- Use Siri, Maps, and the Maps widget to get directions
- Select other route options
- Things you can do while following a route
- Get driving directions
- Report traffic incidents in Maps on iPod touch
- Get cycling directions
- Get walking directions
- Get transit directions
- Delete recent directions
- Use Maps on your Mac to get directions
- Get rides
- Get music
- View albums, playlists, and more
- Play music
- Queue up your music
- Listen to broadcast radio
- Listen to music with Apple Music Voice
- Change the way music sounds
- Get started with News
- Use News widgets
- See news stories chosen just for you
- Read stories
- Listen to Apple News Today
- Search for news stories
- Save news stories for later
- Subscribe to news channels
- View photos
- Play videos and slideshows
- Delete and hide photos and videos
- Edit photos and videos
- Trim video length and adjust slow motion
- Edit Live Photos
- Make photo albums
- Edit and organize albums
- Filter and sort photos in an album
- Search in Photos
- Share photos and videos
- View photos and videos shared with you
- Watch memories
- Personalize memories
- Find people in Photos
- Show a person or place less often
- Browse photos by location
- Use iCloud Photos
- Share photos with iCloud Shared Albums
- Import photos and videos
- Print photos
- Browse the web
- Customize your Safari settings
- Change the layout
- Search for websites
- Use tabs in Safari
- Bookmark favorite webpages
- Save pages to a Reading List
- View links shared with you
- Automatically fill in forms
- Get extensions
- Hide ads and distractions
- Browse the web privately
- Clear your cache
- Use Hide My Email
- Accessories for charging iPod touch
- HomePod and AirPlay 2 speakers
- External storage devices
- Bluetooth accessories
- Make and receive phone calls
- Hand off tasks between devices
- Wirelessly stream video, photos, and audio to Mac
- Cut, copy, and paste between iPod touch and other devices
- Connect iPod touch and your computer with a cable
- Sync iPod touch with your computer
- Transfer files between iPod touch and your computer
- Get started with accessibility features
- Turn on and practice VoiceOver
- Change your VoiceOver settings
- Learn VoiceOver gestures
- Operate iPod touch using VoiceOver gestures
- Control VoiceOver using the rotor
- Use the onscreen keyboard
- Write with your finger
- Use VoiceOver with an Apple external keyboard
- Use a braille display
- Type onscreen braille
- Customize gestures and keyboard shortcuts
- Use VoiceOver with a pointer device
- Use VoiceOver for images and videos
- Use VoiceOver in apps
- Display & Text Size
- Spoken Content
- Audio Descriptions
- Use built-in security and privacy protections
- Keep your Apple ID secure
- Sign in with Apple
- Automatically fill in strong passwords
- Change weak or compromised passwords
- View your passwords and related information
- Share passwords securely with AirDrop
- Make your passwords available on all your devices
- Automatically fill in verification codes
- Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID
- Control access to information in apps
- Control access to hardware features
- Control app tracking permissions on iPod touch
- Control the location information you share
- Turn on iCloud Private Relay
- Create and manage Hide My Email addresses
- Use a private network address
- Control how Apple delivers advertising to you
Check the weather on iPod touch
Use the Weather app to check the weather for your current location or in other places. You can view the upcoming hourly and 10-day forecast, see severe weather information, view weather maps, receive precipitation notifications, and more.
Note: Weather uses Location Services to get the forecast for your current location. To turn on Location Services, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Weather, then choose an option. Turn on Precise Location to increase the accuracy of the forecast in your current location.
Siri: Say something like: “What’s the weather for today?” or “How windy is it out there?” Learn how to ask Siri.
Check the weather forecast and conditions
Open Weather to do any of the following:
Check local weather conditions: The details for your current location are available when you open Weather.
Note: If you don’t see details for your current location when you open Weather, tap , then tap My Location.
Updates about severe weather conditions such as winter storms and flash floods appear at the top of the screen (not available in all countries or regions). Tap See More to read the full government-issued alert. To learn about the data sources for the Weather app, see the Apple Support article Feature availability and data sources in the Weather app.
View the hourly forecast: Swipe the hourly display left or right.
View the 10-day forecast: View weather conditions, chance of precipitation, and high and low temperatures for the coming days.
View air quality details: View air quality information; tap See More to view details about health information and pollutants (not available in all countries or regions).
Note: The air quality scale appears above the hourly forecast when air quality reaches a particular level for that location. For some locations, the air quality scale always appears above the hourly forecast.
View weather maps in your area: View a map of temperature, precipitation, or air quality in the area. Tap the map to view it in full screen or to change the map view between temperature, precipitation, and air quality.
View more weather details: Scroll down to view the UV index, sunrise, sunset, wind speed, and more.
Check the weather in other locations: Swipe left or right on the screen, or tap .
Add, delete, and rearrange locations in your weather list
Tap to see your weather list.
Do any of the following:
Add a location: Enter the name of the city, the zip code, or the airport code in the search field, tap the location, then tap Add.
Delete a location: Swipe left on the location, then tap . Or, tap , then tap Edit List.
Rearrange the order of locations on your list: Touch and hold the location, then move it up or down. Or, tap , then tap Edit List.
Your list of locations stays up to date across your devices when you’re signed in with the same Apple ID.
View full-screen temperature, precipitation, and air quality maps
Open Weather, then tap the weather map or to do any of the following:
Tap to change the map display to temperature, precipitation, or air quality.
Touch the screen and drag your finger to move the map.
Pinch the screen to zoom in and out.
While viewing the precipitation map, zoom out to see the 12-hour precipitation forecast; zoom back in to see the next-hour precipitation forecast (not available in all countries or regions).
Tap to view a different location in your weather list.
Tap to return to your current location.
Touch and hold a location on the map to add it to your weather list, view its current conditions, or view it in Maps.
Tap Done to return to weather conditions and forecast.
Turn notifications on or off
You can receive a weather notification when rain, snow, hail, or sleet is about to start or stop in your current location. You can also receive precipitation notifications for locations in your weather list (not available in all countries or regions).
To receive notifications, turn on Location Access in Settings. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Weather, then tap Always. Turn on Precise Location to receive the most accurate notifications for your current location.
To manage notifications by location, do the following:
Open Weather, then tap to view your weather list.
Tap , then tap Notifications.
If prompted, allow notifications from the Weather app.
Tap on or off for each location (green is on).
Switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit
Open Weather, then tap .
Tap , then tap Celsius or Fahrenheit.
Send a report about the weather
You can report the weather in your location if it doesn’t match what’s shown in the Weather app.
Open Weather, then tap .
Tap , then tap Report an Issue.
Tap the options that best describe the weather conditions in your location.
The information you share with Apple isn’t associated with your Apple ID.
Add the Weather widget to your iPod touch Home Screen
Use the Weather widget to check weather at a glance on your iPod touch Home Screen.
Note: The Weather widget is also available on the iPad Home Screen.