Numbers User Guide for Mac
- What’s new in Numbers 13.2
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open or close spreadsheets
- Personalize templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Touch Bar for Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Filter data
- Alphabetize or sort data in a table
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Use a keyboard shortcut to apply a style
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add a highlight effect to text
- Add links
- Add borders and rules (lines) to separate text
- Add 3D objects
- Add lines and arrows
- Animate, share, or save drawings
- Set movie and image formats
- Change object transparency
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Reduce the spreadsheet file size
- Save a large spreadsheet as a package file
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Lock a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Change the spreadsheet view in Numbers on Mac
You can zoom in or out on a spreadsheet, and view Numbers full screen.
Zoom in or out on a spreadsheet
You can enlarge (zoom in) or reduce (zoom out) your view of a sheet. For example, zoom in to focus on editing a table, or zoom out when you want to work on the layout of your sheet.
Click the Zoom pop-up menu in the toolbar and choose a zoom level.
Set the default zoom level
By default, Numbers spreadsheets open at 125%, but you can change that setting.
Choose Numbers > Settings (from the Numbers menu at the top of your screen).
Click General at the top of the settings window, choose an option from the Default Zoom pop-up menu.
View Numbers full screen
You can expand the Numbers window to fill the entire computer screen.
Do one of the following:
Click the green button in the top-left corner of the Numbers window.
Choose View > Enter Full Screen (from the View menu at the top of your screen).
To see the Numbers menu bar and other controls, move the pointer to the top of the screen.
To return to regular view, move the pointer to the top of the screen, then click the green button or choose View > Exit Full Screen.