VoiceOver User Guide
- What’s new in VoiceOver
- Use VoiceOver in the login window
- Change function key behavior
- Make VoiceOver ignore the next key press
- Learn or mute VoiceOver sound effects
- Hear hints and information
- Use positional audio
- Interact with areas and groups
- Hear progress or status changes
- Select and deselect items
- Drag and drop items
- Use cursor tracking
- Use VoiceOver Utility
- Change voice settings
- Customize verbosity
- Customize punctuation
- Change how VoiceOver pronounces text and symbols
- Change what the VoiceOver rotor shows
- Create custom labels for UI elements
- Export, import, and reset VoiceOver preferences
- Use VoiceOver portable preferences
- Use VoiceOver activities
Use VoiceOver to complete partial words on Mac
When you start typing a word, you can display a list of suggestions for completing the word.
As you type, enter as many characters as you know, then press F5. You may need to press Fn-F5.
Press the Down Arrow key until you hear a word that sounds correct.
To hear how the word is spelled, press VO-W-W. To hear the word spelled phonetically, press VO-W-W-W.
When you hear the word you want to use, press the Space bar.
The word you selected replaces the text you typed.