Pages User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Pages
- Word-processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Find a document
- Open a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Use Apple Pencil with Pages
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF, or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
© 2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Use of the “keyboard” Apple logo (Option-Shift-K) for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Apple may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information in this manual is accurate. Apple is not responsible for printing or clerical errors.
Note: Because Apple frequently releases new versions and updates to its system software, applications, and internet sites, images shown in this manual may be slightly different from what you see on your screen.
One Apple Park Way
Cupertino, CA 95014
Apple, the Apple logo, AirDrop, AirPrint, Apple Books, Apple Music, Apple Pencil, Apple Watch, Face ID, FaceTime, Finder, GarageBand, Handoff, iBook, iBooks, iMovie, iPad, iPad Pro, iPadOS, iPhone, iTunes, iWork, Keychain, Keynote, Launchpad, Mac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, macOS, Magic Mouse, Numbers, OS X, Pages, QuickTime, Safari, Siri, Spotlight, Touch ID, and TrueType are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
Multi-Touch and Touch Bar are trademarks of Apple Inc.
App Store, iCloud, iCloud Drive, and iTunes Store are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
.Mac is a service mark of Apple Inc.
IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and regions and is used under license.
Other company and product names mentioned herein are trademarks of their respective companies. Mention of third-party products is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the performance or use of these products.