Numbers User Guide for Mac
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open or close spreadsheets
- Personalise templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Touch Bar for Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Filter data
- Alphabetise or sort data in a table
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Use a keyboard shortcut to apply a style
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add a highlight effect to text
- Add links
- Add rules (lines) to separate text
- Add lines and arrows
- Animate, share or save drawings
- Set movie and image formats
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Reduce the spreadsheet file size
- Save a large spreadsheet as a package file
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Lock a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Animate, share or save drawings in Numbers on Mac
You can draw in a Numbers spreadsheet on iPhone and iPad. If you later open the spreadsheet in Numbers for Mac, you can animate the drawing, share it or save it to Photos as an image or movie file.
Animate a drawing
You can animate a drawing so that it appears in your spreadsheet as if it’s being drawn.
Click to select the drawing you want to animate.
In the Format sidebar, click the Drawing tab, then select the Animate Drawing tickbox.
Do any of the following:
Adjust how long the animation plays: Drag the Duration slider.
Repeat the animation in a loop: Select the Loop tickbox.
Preview the animation: Click Play.
To play the animation in your spreadsheet, select the drawing, then click Play Drawing.
Add a drawing description
You can add a description to any drawing in your spreadsheet. Drawing descriptions are read by assistive technology (for example, VoiceOver) when someone uses that technology to access your spreadsheet. Drawing descriptions aren’t visible anywhere in your spreadsheet.
Click the drawing to select it, then in the Format sidebar, click the Drawing tab.
Click the Description text box, then enter your text.
If you export your spreadsheet as a PDF, drawing descriptions are still readable by assistive technology. See Export to other file formats in Numbers on Mac.
Share or save a drawing
You can share or save any drawing as an image, and you can also save an animated drawing as a video.
In the spreadsheet, Control-click the drawing, then choose Share.
If the drawing is animated, choose Share as Image or Share as Movie.
Do one of the following:
Share: Choose a method for sending the drawing.
Save: Choose Add to Photos.