Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Apple Watch gestures
- Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone
- Set up more than one Apple Watch
- Pair Apple Watch with a new iPhone
- The Apple Watch app
- Charge Apple Watch
- Turn on and wake Apple Watch
- Lock or unlock Apple Watch
- Change language and orientation on Apple Watch
- Remove, change, and fasten Apple Watch bands
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Use the Smart Stack to show timely widgets
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Set up and use cellular service on Apple Watch
- Get started with Apple Fitness+
- Subscribe to Apple Fitness+
- Find Fitness+ workouts and meditations
- Start a Fitness+ workout or meditation
- Create a Custom Plan in Apple Fitness+
- Work out together using SharePlay
- Change what’s on the screen during a Fitness+ workout or meditation
- Download a Fitness+ workout
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- Get started with the Workout app on Apple Watch
- What’s new in Workout
- Go cycling
- Go for a swim
- Change settings in Workout
- World Clock
- Set up Apple Watch using VoiceOver
- Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver
- Apple Watch Mirroring
- Control nearby devices
- Use a braille display
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard
- Tell time with haptic feedback
- Adjust text size and other visual settings
- Adjust motor skills settings
- Set up and use RTT
- Accessibility audio settings
- Live Speech
- Use accessibility features with Siri
- The Accessibility Shortcut
If you forget your Apple Watch passcode
If your Apple Watch is disabled because you forgot your passcode or entered an incorrect passcode too many times, you can reset it from either your Apple Watch or iPhone and set it up again.
Important: If Erase Data is turned on, the data on your Apple Watch is erased after 10 failed passcode attempts.
Reset your Apple Watch
Put your Apple Watch on its charger, then press and hold the side button until the sliders appear.
Press and hold the Digital Crown to show the Erase all content and settings screen.
Tap Reset, then tap Reset again to confirm.
Reset your Apple Watch using your paired iPhone
Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap My Watch.
Tap General, swipe down, then tap Reset.
Tap Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings, then tap Erase All Content and Settings again to confirm.
If you have an Apple Watch with cellular, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan.
Keep your plan if you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again.
Remove your plan if you want to pair your Apple Watch with another iPhone or intend to cancel your cellular subscription. (Contact your carrier to cancel your subscription.)
When you erase Apple Watch this way, Activation Lock is enabled. With Activation Lock, your Apple ID and password are required before anyone can:
Unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone.
Pair and use your Apple Watch with a new iPhone.
Turn off Find My on your device.
See the Apple Support article About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch.
Download this guide: | PDF