Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalize templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Customize the toolbar
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetize or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with color or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Move, resize, and rotate a chart in Numbers on iPad
Move a chart
Tap the chart, then drag from the center to move the chart (don’t drag the blue dots on the border).
As you drag, yellow alignment guides help you position the chart in relation to other objects on the sheet.
If you don’t see the alignment guides, you can turn them on. Tap , tap Settings, then turn on the guides you want.
Resize a chart
Tap the chart.
Drag any of the blue dots on the chart’s border to make the chart larger or smaller.
Rotate a 3D, radar, pie, or donut chart
You can rotate 3D, radar, pie, or donut charts to adjust the angle and orientation of the chart. You may want to emphasize some data, for example, by positioning certain data at the top or bottom of the chart.
Rotate a 3D chart: Tap the chart, then drag .
Rotate a pie, donut, or radar chart: Tap the chart, tap , tap Chart, then tap Rotation Angle. Drag the wheel, or tap the angle and enter a degree value to specify the angle at which you want to rotate the chart.