Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalize templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Customize the toolbar
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetize or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with color or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Change the sheet background in Numbers on iPad
You can add a color to the background of individual sheets in a spreadsheet.
Change the sheet background
Select the tab for the sheet that you want to add a background to.
Tap an empty space on the sheet so nothing is selected.
Tap , tap Background, then choose a color.
If objects on your sheet, such as table cells and text boxes, don’t have a background fill, they show the background color. To add a fill, see Change the background of table cells or Fill objects with color.
Spreadsheets automatically print with background colors. To turn off background colors when printing, see Print a spreadsheet in Numbers on iPad.
Thanks for your feedback.