Pages User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Pages
- Word processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Find a document
- Open a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Use Apple Pencil with Pages
- Customise the toolbar
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move or lock a table
- Send a document
- Publish a book to Apple Books
- Use presenter mode
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Layer, group and lock objects in Pages on iPad
You can work with and arrange the objects on a page in a number of ways:
Layer (or stack) objects to create the appearance of depth
Group objects to more easily move, resize or rotate them as a single unit
Lock objects to avoid inadvertently moving, modifying or deleting them
Drag an object so that it overlaps with one or more other objects.
Tap , then tap Arrange.
Tap an object, then do one of the following:
Drag the slider until the object is layered where you want it.
Tap the icons to move the selected object forwards or backwards.
You can select multiple objects to layer them all at once.
Group or ungroup objects
Touch and hold an object, then with another finger, tap the other objects you want to group.
Lift your fingers, then tap Group.
To ungroup objects, tap the group, then tap Ungroup.
Lock or unlock objects
When an object is locked, you can’t move, delete or modify it in any way until you unlock it.
Tap an object to select it or select multiple objects.
Tap , tap Arrange, then tap Lock.
If you can’t see Lock, the object is set to Move with Text. Turn off Move with Text and try again.
To unlock an object, tap it, then tap Unlock.