Pages User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Pages
- Word processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Find a document
- Open a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Use Apple Pencil with Pages
- Customise the toolbar
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move or lock a table
- Send a document
- Publish a book to Apple Books
- Use presenter mode
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Set tab stops in Pages on iPad
You can set tab stops to align text left, right, at the centre or on a decimal point. When you insert a tab, the insertion point (and any text after it) move to the right, to the next tab stop.
Insert a tab in text
Tap the text to place the insertion point where you want to insert a tab stop.
Tap in the shortcut bar above the keyboard (on iPad Pro, tap the Tab key on the keyboard).
The insertion point moves to the closest tab stop. Tapping Tab again moves to the next tab stop, and so on.
To immediately undo a tab insertion, tap .
Set and remove tab stops
Select the paragraphs you want to format.
Tap the ruler where you want to place a tab stop; a marker appears.
If the ruler isn’t visible, tap , then turn on Ruler.
Touch and hold the marker until the section of ruler is magnified, then drag the marker to place it precisely.
To change the tab stop alignment, double-tap the tab stop until you see the alignment you want.
To remove a tab stop, touch and hold the tab stop marker, then drag it below the ruler until it disappears.
Note: The downward-facing arrows are margin settings, not tab stops.