Pages User Guide for iPad
- What’s new in Pages 13.2
- Intro to Pages
- Word processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Find a document
- Open a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Use Apple Pencil with Pages
- Customise the toolbar
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Add the date and time
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Add 3D objects
- Add lines and arrows
- Add and edit drawings
- Set the movie format
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move or lock a table
- Send a document
- Publish a book to Apple Books
- Use presenter mode
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Add an image gallery in Pages on iPad
With an image gallery, you can view a collection of photos and SVG images in one place on a page, so only one shows at a time. You might want to do this, for example, if you plan to export your document in EPUB format and publish it to Apple Books, so readers can tap or click through the images as they would through a slideshow.
Tap in the toolbar, then tap Image Gallery.
Drag the image gallery to reposition it on the page, then drag any blue dot to resize it.
Tap in the bottom-right corner of the image gallery, tap to select multiple images, then tap Add.
To customise the image gallery, make sure it’s still selected, then do any of the following:
Adjust the position or zoom level of an image: Double-tap the image on the page, then drag it to move it in the frame. Drag the slider to zoom.
Reorder images: Tap , tap Gallery, tap Manage Images (on most iPad models), then tap Edit. Touch and hold , then drag to reorder images.
Add an image description that can be used by assistive technology (for example, VoiceOver): Tap , tap Gallery, then tap Description. Enter your text in the text box. The image description isn’t visible anywhere in your document.
To add descriptions to other images in the gallery, tap the left or right arrow below the text box.
You can also add a title to an image gallery, as well as add captions to individual images or all images. See Add a caption or title to objects in Pages on iPad.
To view the image gallery, tap or .
To add more images, tap the image gallery, then tap Add Images.
To remove an image, tap , tap Gallery, tap Manage Images (on most iPad models), then swipe left on an image and tap Delete.