Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalise templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetise or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
© 2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Use of the “keyboard” Apple logo (Option-Shift-K) for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Apple may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of US federal and state laws.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information in this manual is accurate. Apple is not responsible for printing or clerical errors.
Note: Because Apple frequently releases new versions and updates to its system software, applications and Internet sites, images shown in this manual may be slightly different from what you see on your screen.
One Apple Park Way
Cupertino, CA 95014
Apple, the Apple logo, AirDrop, AirPrint, Apple Books, Apple Music, Apple Pencil, Apple Watch, Face ID, FaceTime, Finder, GarageBand, Handoff, iMovie, iPad, iPadOS, iPhone, iTunes, iWork, Keychain, Keynote, Launchpad, Mac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, macOS, Magic Mouse, Numbers, OS X, Pages, QuickTime, Safari, Siri, Spotlight and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries and regions.
Multi-Touch and Touch Bar are trademarks of Apple Inc.
App Store, iCloud, iCloud Drive and iTunes Store are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries and regions.
.Mac is a service mark of Apple Inc.
IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the US and other countries and regions and is used under licence.
Other company and product names mentioned herein are trademarks of their respective companies. Mention of third-party products is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the performance or use of these products.