iPod touch User Guide
- Your iPod touch
- What’s new in iOS 15
- Turn on and set up iPod touch
- Wake and unlock
- Connect to the internet
- Find settings
- Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts
- Learn the meaning of the status icons
- Download or bookmark the user guide
- Learn basic gestures
- Adjust the volume
- Multitask with Picture in Picture
- Access features from the Lock Screen
- Perform quick actions
- Search with iPod touch
- Use AirDrop to send items
- Take a screenshot or screen recording
- Get information about your iPod touch
- Travel with iPod touch
- Change or turn off the sounds
- Change the wallpaper
- Adjust the screen brightness and color balance
- Change the name of your iPod touch
- Change the date and time
- Change the language and region
- Use and customize Control Center
- Change or lock the screen orientation
- Set up FaceTime
- Make and receive calls
- Create a FaceTime link
- Take a Live Photo
- Use other apps during a call
- Make a Group FaceTime call
- View participants in a grid
- Use SharePlay to watch and listen together
- Share your screen
- Change the video settings
- Change the audio settings
- Add camera effects
- Leave a call or switch to Messages
- Block unwanted callers
- Adjust map settings
- Fill out your Health Details
- Track your menstrual cycle
- Back up your Health data
- Check your email
- Set email notifications
- Search for email
- Organize email in mailboxes
- Use Hide My Email
- Change email settings
- Use Mail Privacy Protection
- Delete and recover emails
- Add a Mail widget to your Home Screen
- Print emails
- View maps
- Search for places
- Find nearby attractions, restaurants, and services
- Get information about places
- Mark places
- Share places
- Rate places
- Save favorite places
- Explore new places with Guides
- Organize places in My Guides
- Get traffic and weather info
- Delete significant locations
- Quickly find your Maps settings
- Use Siri, Maps, and the Maps widget to get directions
- Select other route options
- Things you can do while following a route
- Get driving directions
- Report traffic incidents in Maps on iPod touch
- Get cycling directions
- Get walking directions
- Get transit directions
- Delete recent directions
- Use Maps on your Mac to get directions
- Get rides
- Get music
- View albums, playlists, and more
- Play music
- Queue up your music
- Listen to broadcast radio
- Listen to music with Apple Music Voice
- Change the way music sounds
- Get started with News
- Use News widgets
- See news stories chosen just for you
- Read stories
- Listen to Apple News Today
- Search for news stories
- Save news stories for later
- Subscribe to news channels
- View photos
- Play videos and slideshows
- Delete and hide photos and videos
- Edit photos and videos
- Trim video length and adjust slow motion
- Edit Live Photos
- Make photo albums
- Edit and organize albums
- Filter and sort photos in an album
- Search in Photos
- Share photos and videos
- View photos and videos shared with you
- Watch memories
- Personalize memories
- Find people in Photos
- Show a person or place less often
- Browse photos by location
- Use iCloud Photos
- Share photos with iCloud Shared Albums
- Import photos and videos
- Print photos
- Browse the web
- Customize your Safari settings
- Change the layout
- Search for websites
- Use tabs in Safari
- Bookmark favorite webpages
- Save pages to a Reading List
- View links shared with you
- Automatically fill in forms
- Get extensions
- Hide ads and distractions
- Browse the web privately
- Clear your cache
- Use Hide My Email
- Accessories for charging iPod touch
- HomePod and AirPlay 2 speakers
- External storage devices
- Bluetooth accessories
- Make and receive phone calls
- Hand off tasks between devices
- Wirelessly stream video, photos, and audio to Mac
- Cut, copy, and paste between iPod touch and other devices
- Connect iPod touch and your computer with a cable
- Sync iPod touch with your computer
- Transfer files between iPod touch and your computer
- Get started with accessibility features
- Turn on and practice VoiceOver
- Change your VoiceOver settings
- Learn VoiceOver gestures
- Operate iPod touch using VoiceOver gestures
- Control VoiceOver using the rotor
- Use the onscreen keyboard
- Write with your finger
- Use VoiceOver with an Apple external keyboard
- Use a braille display
- Type onscreen braille
- Customize gestures and keyboard shortcuts
- Use VoiceOver with a pointer device
- Use VoiceOver for images and videos
- Use VoiceOver in apps
- Display & Text Size
- Spoken Content
- Audio Descriptions
- Use built-in security and privacy protections
- Keep your Apple ID secure
- Sign in with Apple
- Automatically fill in strong passwords
- Change weak or compromised passwords
- View your passwords and related information
- Share passwords securely with AirDrop
- Make your passwords available on all your devices
- Automatically fill in verification codes
- Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID
- Control access to information in apps
- Control access to hardware features
- Control app tracking permissions on iPod touch
- Control the location information you share
- Turn on iCloud Private Relay
- Create and manage Hide My Email addresses
- Use a private network address
- Control how Apple delivers advertising to you
Change your VoiceOver settings on iPod touch
You can customize the settings for VoiceOver, such as the audio options, language, voice, speaking rate, and verbosity.
Adjust the VoiceOver volume and other audio options
To increase or decrease the volume, press the volume buttons on iPod touch.
To set other audio options, go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Audio, then set options such as the following:
Sounds & Haptics: Adjust and preview sound effects and haptics.
Audio Ducking: Temporarily reduce media playback volume when VoiceOver speaks.
Send to HDMI: Route audio to externally connected devices, such as an instrument amplifier or a DJ mixer.
Set the VoiceOver language
VoiceOver uses the same language you choose for your iPod touch. VoiceOver pronunciation of some languages is affected by the Region Format you choose.
Go to Settings > General > Language & Region.
Tap iPod touch Language, then choose a language.
Adjust the speaking voice
Go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver, then do any of the following:
Adjust the speaking rate: Drag the Speaking Rate slider.
Choose a voice: Tap Speech > Voice, then choose a voice. To download an enhanced voice, tap .
Adjust the pitch: Tap Speech, then drag the slider. You can also turn on Use Pitch Change to have VoiceOver use a higher pitch when speaking the first item of a group (such as a list or table) and a lower pitch when speaking the last item of a group.
Specify the pronunciation of certain words: Tap Speech > Pronunciations, tap , enter a phrase, then dictate or spell out how you want the phrase to be pronounced.
Note: You can dictate only if you turned on Enable Dictation in Settings > General > Keyboards.
Set how much VoiceOver tells you
Go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver, then tap any of the following:
Verbosity: Choose options to have VoiceOver speak hints, punctuation, uppercase letters, embedded links, and more. VoiceOver can even confirm rotor actions and tell you when the flashlight is turned on.
To change how VoiceOver speaks punctuation, tap Punctuation, then choose a group. You can also create new groups—for example, a programming group in which “[” is spoken as “left brack.”
Always Speak Notifications: VoiceOver reads notifications, including incoming text messages as they occur, even if iPod touch is locked. Unacknowledged notifications are repeated when you unlock iPod touch.
Customize VoiceOver settings for an activity
You can customize a group of VoiceOver settings for an activity such as programming. Apply the settings automatically when you open certain apps or by adjusting the rotor.
Go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Activities.
Choose an existing activity or tap Add Activity.
Adjust settings for speech, audio, verbosity, and braille.
Choose Apps or Context to automatically apply the settings for this activity.
Use flat or grouped navigation
Go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Navigation Style, then choose one of the following:
Flat: VoiceOver moves sequentially through each item on the screen when you use the move next and previous commands.
Grouped: VoiceOver moves through items and groups of items on the screen. To move into a group, use a two-finger swipe right. To move out of a group, use a two-finger swipe left.
Adjust VoiceOver visuals
Go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver, then turn on any of the following:
Large Cursor: If you have difficulty seeing the black outline around the selected item, you can enlarge and thicken the outline.
Caption Panel: The text spoken by VoiceOver is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
Use Quick Settings to adjust VoiceOver from anywhere on iPod touch
When VoiceOver is turned on, you can access Quick Settings by doing a two-finger quadruple tap.
To customize Quick Settings, do the following:
Go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Quick Settings.
Choose the settings you want, or drag to reorder settings.