iPod touch User Guide
- Your iPod touch
- What’s new in iOS 15
- Turn on and set up iPod touch
- Wake and unlock
- Connect to the internet
- Find settings
- Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts
- Learn the meaning of the status icons
- Download or bookmark the user guide
- Learn basic gestures
- Adjust the volume
- Multitask with Picture in Picture
- Access features from the Lock Screen
- Perform quick actions
- Search with iPod touch
- Use AirDrop to send items
- Take a screenshot or screen recording
- Get information about your iPod touch
- Travel with iPod touch
- Change or turn off the sounds
- Change the wallpaper
- Adjust the screen brightness and color balance
- Change the name of your iPod touch
- Change the date and time
- Change the language and region
- Use and customize Control Center
- Change or lock the screen orientation
- Set up FaceTime
- Make and receive calls
- Create a FaceTime link
- Take a Live Photo
- Use other apps during a call
- Make a Group FaceTime call
- View participants in a grid
- Use SharePlay to watch and listen together
- Share your screen
- Change the video settings
- Change the audio settings
- Add camera effects
- Leave a call or switch to Messages
- Block unwanted callers
- Adjust map settings
- Fill out your Health Details
- Track your menstrual cycle
- Back up your Health data
- Check your email
- Set email notifications
- Search for email
- Organize email in mailboxes
- Use Hide My Email
- Change email settings
- Use Mail Privacy Protection
- Delete and recover emails
- Add a Mail widget to your Home Screen
- Print emails
- View maps
- Search for places
- Find nearby attractions, restaurants, and services
- Get information about places
- Mark places
- Share places
- Rate places
- Save favorite places
- Explore new places with Guides
- Organize places in My Guides
- Get traffic and weather info
- Delete significant locations
- Quickly find your Maps settings
- Use Siri, Maps, and the Maps widget to get directions
- Select other route options
- Things you can do while following a route
- Get driving directions
- Report traffic incidents in Maps on iPod touch
- Get cycling directions
- Get walking directions
- Get transit directions
- Delete recent directions
- Use Maps on your Mac to get directions
- Get rides
- Get music
- View albums, playlists, and more
- Play music
- Queue up your music
- Listen to broadcast radio
- Listen to music with Apple Music Voice
- Change the way music sounds
- Get started with News
- Use News widgets
- See news stories chosen just for you
- Read stories
- Listen to Apple News Today
- Search for news stories
- Save news stories for later
- Subscribe to news channels
- View photos
- Play videos and slideshows
- Delete and hide photos and videos
- Edit photos and videos
- Trim video length and adjust slow motion
- Edit Live Photos
- Make photo albums
- Edit and organize albums
- Filter and sort photos in an album
- Search in Photos
- Share photos and videos
- View photos and videos shared with you
- Watch memories
- Personalize memories
- Find people in Photos
- Show a person or place less often
- Browse photos by location
- Use iCloud Photos
- Share photos with iCloud Shared Albums
- Import photos and videos
- Print photos
- Browse the web
- Customize your Safari settings
- Change the layout
- Search for websites
- Use tabs in Safari
- Bookmark favorite webpages
- Save pages to a Reading List
- View links shared with you
- Automatically fill in forms
- Get extensions
- Hide ads and distractions
- Browse the web privately
- Clear your cache
- Use Hide My Email
- Accessories for charging iPod touch
- HomePod and AirPlay 2 speakers
- External storage devices
- Bluetooth accessories
- Make and receive phone calls
- Hand off tasks between devices
- Wirelessly stream video, photos, and audio to Mac
- Cut, copy, and paste between iPod touch and other devices
- Connect iPod touch and your computer with a cable
- Sync iPod touch with your computer
- Transfer files between iPod touch and your computer
- Get started with accessibility features
- Turn on and practice VoiceOver
- Change your VoiceOver settings
- Learn VoiceOver gestures
- Operate iPod touch using VoiceOver gestures
- Control VoiceOver using the rotor
- Use the onscreen keyboard
- Write with your finger
- Use VoiceOver with an Apple external keyboard
- Use a braille display
- Type onscreen braille
- Customize gestures and keyboard shortcuts
- Use VoiceOver with a pointer device
- Use VoiceOver for images and videos
- Use VoiceOver in apps
- Display & Text Size
- Spoken Content
- Audio Descriptions
- Use built-in security and privacy protections
- Keep your Apple ID secure
- Sign in with Apple
- Automatically fill in strong passwords
- Change weak or compromised passwords
- View your passwords and related information
- Share passwords securely with AirDrop
- Make your passwords available on all your devices
- Automatically fill in verification codes
- Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID
- Control access to information in apps
- Control access to hardware features
- Control app tracking permissions on iPod touch
- Control the location information you share
- Turn on iCloud Private Relay
- Create and manage Hide My Email addresses
- Use a private network address
- Control how Apple delivers advertising to you
Set up Switch Control on iPod touch
If you have physical difficulties, you can use Switch Control to operate iPod touch using one or more switches. With switches, you can select, tap, drag, type, and even draw freehand. You use a switch to select an item or location on the screen, then use the same (or a different) switch to choose an action.
Add a switch
You can use the iPod touch screen, camera, microphone, or the back of iPod touch, or you can add an external adaptive switch.
Before you add an external switch, connect it to iPod touch, following the instructions that came with the switch. If the switch connects using Bluetooth, pair it with iPod touch—turn on the switch, go to Settings > Bluetooth, turn on Bluetooth, tap the name of the switch, then follow the onscreen instructions.
Go to Settings > Accessibility > Switch Control > Switches.
Tap Add New Switch, then choose any of the following:
External: Choose a Bluetooth switch or Made For iPhone (MFi) switch that plugs into the Lightning connector on iPod touch.
Screen: Tap the iPod touch screen to activate the switch.
Camera: Move your head left or right while facing the camera.
Sound: Make voiced and voiceless sounds such as “Oo” or a pop.
Assign an action to the switch.
To ensure Switch Control functions correctly, you must assign a switch to the Select Item action and another switch to the Move to Next Item action.
Choose a scanning style and customize Switch Control
You can adjust the behavior of Switch Control in a variety of ways, to suit your specific needs and style.
Go to Settings > Accessibility > Switch Control.
Tap Scanning Style, then choose one of the following:
Auto Scanning: The focus automatically moves to the next item after a specified duration.
Manual Scanning: You trigger a switch to move the focus to the next item (requires multiple switches).
Single Switch Step Scanning: You trigger a switch to move the focus to the next item; if no action is taken with a specified duration, the item with the focus is automatically activated.
Customize Switch Control by setting options such as the following:
Switches: Add switches and specify their function.
Recipes: Create, edit, and choose recipes to temporarily assign special actions to switches.
Auto Scanning Time: Adjust the item scanning speed.
Pause on First Item: Set scanning to pause on the first item in a group.
Loops: Choose how many times to cycle through the screen before hiding Switch Control.
Move Repeat: Set the delay before moving to the previous or next item while a switch is pressed.
Long Press: Set whether a different action occurs when you press and hold a switch, and how long to wait before performing that action.
Tap Behavior: Choose a tap behavior and set the interval for performing a second switch action to show the Scanner Menu.
Focused Item After Tap: Choose whether Switch Control resumes scanning at an item you tap or from the beginning.
Hold Duration: Set whether and how long you need to hold a switch down before it’s accepted as a switch action.
Ignore Repeat: Ignore accidental repeated switch triggers.
Gliding Cursor: Adjust the point scanning style and speed.
Sound Effects: Turn on sound effects.
Speech: Speak items as they’re scanned.
Menu Items: Choose the actions shown in the Scanner Menu and the order in which they appear.
Group Items: Group items for faster navigation.
Large Cursor: Make the selection cursor larger.
Cursor Color: Choose a different color.
Saved Gestures: Create and save custom gestures to the Scanner Menu.