Control Surfaces Support Guide for Logic Pro
- Control surfaces overview
- Mackie Control overview
- Assignment buttons overview
- Assignment views
- Function keys
- Modifier buttons
- Automation buttons
- Group button
- Utilities buttons
- Cursor and zoom keys
- Jog/Scrub wheel
- Programmable user modes
- Foot switches
- Assignments overview
- Display buttons table
- Channel strips assignments table
- Assignment buttons table
- Assign Function keys table
- Global View buttons table
- Modifier buttons table
- Automation buttons table
- Utilities buttons table
- Transport buttons table
- Cursor keys table
- Jog/Scrub wheel assignments table
- External inputs table
- iControl overview
- iControl Assignment buttons
- iControl Arrow buttons
- iControl channel strip controls
- iControl Mixer and Channel view
- iControl Jog Wheel
- iControl transport controls
- iControl locators with Cycle mode
- iControl Master fader
- Euphonix device setup
- Mirror mixer tracks on Euphonix display
- MC Pro Soft Key assignments setup
- Euphonix Read and Write automation modes
- Euphonix fader strips
- Control of plug-ins with Euphonix devices
- Euphonix Logic Pro features
- HUI setup
- HUI assignments overview
- HUI assign controls
- HUI fader bank buttons
- HUI window controls
- HUI keyboard shortcuts
- HUI channel strips
- HUI DSP controls
- HUI function keys
- HUI global controls
- HUI automation controls
- HUI status/group controls
- HUI editing controls
- HUI time display
- HUI numeric keypad controls
- HUI transport controls
- HUI cursor buttons
- HUI Jog Wheel
- HUI foot switches
- Novation Launchpad setup
- Launchpad multi-device support
- Novation Launchpad buttons overview
- Change mix parameters on the Launchpad Pro, Launchpad X, and Launchpad Mini MK3
- DM1000 Setup
- DM1000 Assignments overview
- DM1000 Display Access controls
- DM1000 Aux Select controls
- DM1000 Encoder and Fader Mode controls
- DM1000 LCD controls
- DM1000 Data entry controls
- DM1000 Channel strips
- DM1000 Stereo channel strip control
- DM1000 Assignable keys
- DM2000 Setup
- DM2000 Assignments overview
- DM2000 Matrix Select controls
- DM2000 Aux Select controls
- DM2000 Encoder and Fader Mode controls
- DM2000 Display Access controls
- DM2000 Effect/Plug-in controls
- DM2000 LCD display
- DM2000 Track Arming controls
- DM2000 Automix controls
- DM2000 Locator controls
- DM2000 Transport and cursor controls
- DM2000 Channel strips
- DM2000 Assignable keys
JLCooper CS-32 MiniDesk pots in Logic Pro
Because the CS-32 MiniDesk pots are not motorized, Pickup mode is used if turned on in Control Surfaces preferences. In Pickup mode, the controller must reach (pick up) the current value before the value starts to change. This prevents sudden jumps of parameter values caused by playing back automation.
A pot’s current value is indicated by the NULL arrow LEDs.
The Upper arrow is lit if the pot’s value is above the current value.
The Lower arrow is lit if the pot’s value is below the current value.
Both arrow LEDs are lit when the pot has reached the current value.
The pots can operate in one of three modes, with one sub-mode in each.
Instrument edit mode: Press F8 to enter Instrument edit mode (display shows “In”). The pots control (software) instrument parameters. Hold down SHIFT (display shows “b1”–“b9”) to move between banks (pages) of parameters. (See JLCooper CS-32 MiniDesk cursor controls in Logic Pro.)
Effect edit mode: Press F9 to enter Effect edit mode (display shows “P1”–“P9”). The pots control the parameters of the effect in the currently selected Insert slot. Hold down SHIFT (display shows “b1”–“b9”) to switch between Insert slots, and move between banks (pages) of parameters. (See JLCooper CS-32 MiniDesk cursor controls in Logic Pro.)
Pan/Send mode: Press F7 to enable Pan/Send mode (display shows “PA”). In this mode, the pots control the following channel parameters:
Controls Send 1 level of selected channel.
Controls Send 2 level of selected channel.
Controls pan of selected channel.
Controls Send 3 level of selected channel.
Controls Send 4 level of selected channel.
Controls Send 5 level of selected channel.
While SHIFT is held down (display shows “AS”), the pots allow you to perform the following assignments:
Assigns Send 1 destination (bus) for selected channel.
Assigns Send 2 destination for selected channel.
Assigns input format of selected channel.
Assigns Send 3 destination for selected channel.
Assigns Send 4 destination for selected channel.
Assigns Send 5 destination for selected channel.