What you need
- AirPods Pro
- iPhone 7 or later or one of these iPad models:
- iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (3rd generation) and later
- iPad Pro 11‑inch
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad (6th generation) and later
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iOS or iPadOS 14 or later
- Audiovisual content from a supported app
Turn on spatial audio
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Find your AirPods Pro in the list (for example, "John's AirPods").
- Tap the info button next to your AirPods.
- Turn on Spatial Audio.
To listen to a demonstration of spatial audio, tap See & Hear How It Works. You can switch from stereo audio to spatial audio to hear the difference between them.
Control spatial audio and see the status in Control Center
- Open Control Center.
- Touch and hold the volume control to turn spatial audio on or off and see the status icons.
Spatial audio is enabled, but not active for the audio content that you're listening to.
Spatial audio is active.
Spatial audio is off.
Some device settings, including Follow iPhone, Balance, Mono audio, and Headphone Accommodations, can affect how spatial audio works.