Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, graphs and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalise templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetise or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify graph data
- Move and resize graphs
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Move, resize and rotate a graph in Numbers on iPad
Move a graph
Tap the graph, then drag from the centre to move the graph (don’t drag the blue dots on the border).
As you drag, yellow alignment guides help you position the graph in relation to other objects on the sheet.
If you don’t see the alignment guides, you can turn them on. Tap , tap Guides, then turn on the guides you want.
Resize a graph
Tap the graph.
Drag any of the blue dots on the graph’s border to make the graph larger or smaller.
Rotate a 3D, radar, pie or donut chart
You can rotate 3D, radar, pie, or donut charts to adjust the angle and orientation of the chart. You may want to emphasise some data, for example, by positioning certain data at the top or bottom of the chart.
Rotate a 3D chart: Tap the graph, then drag .
Rotate a pie, donut or radar chart: Tap the chart, tap , tap Chart, then tap Rotation Angle. Drag the wheel or tap the angle and enter a degree value to specify the angle at which you want to rotate the chart.