Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, graphs and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalise templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetise or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify graph data
- Move and resize graphs
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Change table grid line and colours in Numbers on iPad
You can change the look of a table by changing its outline, showing or hiding gridlines, adding borders and colour to cells and using alternating row colours.
You can also add a border around your sheet. See Add a border around a sheet.
Change the table outline and grid lines
Tap the table, then tap .
Tap Table, then do any of the following:
Show the outline: Turn on Table Outline.
Change the grid lines: Tap Grid Options, then tap to turn grid lines on or off.
If you don’t see these options, swipe up from the bottom of the controls.
Change the border and background of table cells
You can change the border and background of any selection of table cells that don’t use categories.
Select the cells you want to change.
Tap , tap Cell, then do any of the following:
Change the border: Tap Cell Border, then tap a border layout to choose which lines you want to format. Tap Border Style, then choose a border style. Or, use the controls under “Cell border” to define your own style.
Tip: To select multiple borders, tap a border layout, then touch and hold additional layouts.
Change the background: Tap Cell Fill, tap a type of fill, then tap a fill option. See Fill objects with colour or an image in Numbers on iPad.
Alternate the row colours
Tap the table, then tap .
Tap Table, then turn on Alternating Rows.
Row colours don’t alternate for header columns. Header columns have their own look based on the table style you select.