Keynote User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Keynote
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create your first presentation
- Open a presentation
- Save and name a presentation
- Find a presentation
- Print a presentation
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Use Apple Pencil with Keynote
- Create a presentation using VoiceOver
- Add lines and arrows
- Add and edit drawings
- Set the movie format
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add mathematical equations
- Add links
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Use iCloud Drive with Keynote
- Export to PowerPoint or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a presentation
- Move a presentation
- Delete a presentation
- Password-protect a presentation
- Create and manage custom themes
Layer, group, and lock objects in Keynote on iPad
You can work with and arrange the objects on a slide in a number of ways:
Layer (or stack) objects to create the appearance of depth
Group objects to more easily move, resize, or rotate them as a single unit
Lock objects to avoid inadvertently moving, modifying, or deleting them
Drag an object so that it overlaps with one or more other objects.
Tap , then tap Arrange.
Tap an object, then do one of the following:
Drag the slider until the object is layered where you want it.
Tap the icons to move the selected object forward or backward.
You can select multiple objects to layer them all at once.
Group or ungroup objects
Touch and hold an object, then with another finger, tap the other objects you want to group.
Lift your fingers, then tap Group.
To ungroup objects, tap the group, then tap Ungroup.
Lock or unlock objects
When an object is locked, you can’t move, delete, or modify it in any way until you unlock it.
Tap an object to select it or select multiple objects.
Tap , tap Arrange, then tap Lock.
To unlock an object, tap it, then tap Unlock.