iPad User Guide
- Supported models
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st and 2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad (9th generation)
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (6th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- What’s new in iPadOS 15
- Turn on and set up
- Wake and unlock
- Set up cellular service
- Connect to the internet
- Find settings
- Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts
- Learn the meaning of the status icons
- Download or bookmark the user guide
- Adjust the volume
- Drag and drop
- Access features from the Lock Screen
- Perform quick actions
- Search with iPad
- Use AirDrop to send items
- Take a screenshot or screen recording
- Get information about your iPad
- View or change cellular data settings
- Travel with iPad
- Change or turn off sounds
- Change the wallpaper
- Adjust the screen brightness and color balance
- Magnify the screen
- Change the name of your iPad
- Change the date and time
- Change the language and region
- Use and customize Control Center
- Change or lock the screen orientation
- Set up FaceTime
- Create a FaceTime link
- Make and receive calls
- Take a Live Photo
- Use other apps during a call
- Make a Group FaceTime call
- View participants in a grid
- Use SharePlay to watch and listen together
- Share your screen
- Change the video settings
- Change the audio settings
- Add camera effects
- Leave a call or switch to Messages
- Block unwanted callers
- Adjust map settings
- View maps
- Set up Messages
- Send and receive messages
- Send a message to a group or business
- Send and receive photos, videos, and audio
- Receive and share content
- Animate messages
- Use iMessage apps
- Use Memoji
- Send a Digital Touch effect
- Send and receive money with Apple Pay
- Change notifications
- Block, filter, and report messages
- Delete messages
- Get music
- View albums, playlists, and more
- Play music
- Queue up your music
- Listen to broadcast radio
- Change the way music sounds
- View photos and videos
- Play videos and slideshows
- Delete and hide photos and videos
- Edit photos and videos
- Trim video length and adjust slow motion
- Edit Live Photos
- Edit Cinematic videos
- Edit Portrait mode photos
- Make photo albums
- Edit and organize albums
- Filter and sort photos in an album
- Search in Photos
- Share photos and videos
- View photos and videos shared with you
- Interact with photos using Live Text and Visual Look Up
- View Memories
- Personalize Memories
- Find people in Photos
- Browse photos by location
- Use iCloud Photos
- Share photos with iCloud Shared Albums
- Import photos and videos
- Print photos
- Accessories included with iPad
- Use headphone audio-level features
- HomePod and other wireless speakers
- External storage devices
- Bluetooth accessories
- Apple Watch with Fitness+
- Cases and covers
- Share your internet connection
- Make and receive phone calls
- Use iPad as a second display for Mac
- Wirelessly stream video, photos, and audio to Mac
- Hand off tasks between devices
- Cut, copy, and paste between iPad and other devices
- Connect iPad and your computer with a cable
- Sync iPad with your computer
- Transfer files between iPad and your computer
- Get started with accessibility features
- Turn on and practice VoiceOver
- Change your VoiceOver settings
- Learn VoiceOver gestures
- Operate iPad using VoiceOver gestures
- Control VoiceOver using the rotor
- Use the onscreen keyboard
- Write with your finger
- Use VoiceOver with an Apple external keyboard
- Use a braille display
- Type onscreen braille
- Customize gestures and keyboard shortcuts
- Use VoiceOver with a pointer device
- Use VoiceOver for images and videos
- Use VoiceOver in apps
- Display & Text Size
- Spoken Content
- Audio Descriptions
- Use built-in security and privacy protections
- Keep your Apple ID secure
- Sign in with Apple
- Automatically fill in strong passwords
- Change a weak password
- Share passwords securely with AirDrop
- Make your passwords available on all your devices
- Create and manage Hide My Email addresses
- Automatically fill in verification codes
- Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID
Check stocks on iPad
Use the Stocks app on iPad to track market activity, view the performance of stocks you follow, and get the latest business news.
Ask Siri. Say something like: “How are the markets doing?” or “How’s Apple stock today?” Learn how to ask Siri.
Manage your watchlist
Add the stocks you follow to your watchlist to quickly view price, daily price and percentage change, and market capitalization values.
Add a symbol to your watchlist: In the search field, enter a stock symbol, company name, fund name, or index. Tap the symbol you want to add in the search results, then tap Add or Add to Watchlist.
Delete a symbol: Swipe left on the symbol in your watchlist, then tap .
Reorder symbols: Touch and hold a symbol, then drag it to a new location.
View stock charts, details, and news
Tap a stock symbol in your watchlist to view an interactive chart, additional details, and related news stories.
See the performance of a stock over time: Tap an option from the time range selections at the top of the chart.
See the value for a specific date or time: Touch and hold the chart with one finger.
See the difference in value over time: Touch and hold the chart with two fingers.
See more details: Below the chart, view additional stock details like 52-week high and low, Beta, EPS, and average trading volume.
Read news: Swipe up to see additional news stories, then tap a story.
View your watchlist across devices
You can view your watchlist on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac when you’re signed in with the same Apple ID.
On your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then turn on Stocks.
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then do one of the following:
macOS 10.15 or later: Click Apple ID, select iCloud, then turn on Stocks.
macOS 10.14 or earlier: Select iCloud, then turn on Stocks.
Read business news
Tap Business News above the watchlist, then swipe up on the newsfeed to view stories that highlight the current news driving the market. Stories about companies in your watchlist are grouped by ticker symbol. In countries where Apple News is available, you also see stories selected by the Apple News editors and stories from Apple News+. (Apple News and Apple News+ content is not available in all countries or regions.)
Note: If you tap an Apple News+ story and you’re not an Apple News+ subscriber, tap the subscribe or free trial button, then follow the onscreen instructions. To learn more about Apple News+, see Subscribe to Apple News+.
Tap a story to read it. While viewing a story, you have these options:
Return to your newsfeed in Stocks: Tap or Done in the top-left corner.
Save the story to Apple News: Tap in the top-left corner.
Note: To save stories to Apple News, make sure to sign in with your Apple ID. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then turn on News.
See more stories from the publication in Apple News: Tap the publisher logo at the top of the screen.
Change the text size: Tap in the top-right corner, then tap the smaller or larger letter to change the text size in the story.
Share the story: Tap in the top-right corner, tap Share Story, then choose a sharing option, such as Messages or Mail.
Stories from publications you have blocked in Apple News don’t appear in the newsfeed. See See news stories chosen just for you.
Add a Stocks widget to your iPad Home Screen
Add a Stocks widget to your iPad Home Screen to check stocks at a glance. Choose Watchlist to monitor several symbols from your watchlist on your Home Screen, or Symbol to monitor the performance of a single symbol. See Add a widget to your Home Screen.