We're sorry your iPhone isn't working as it should.
After you’ve contacted Apple for service:
- In Australia, you'll be provided with a link to a shipping label to print at home. You'll return your defective iPhone to Apple using the shipping label.
- In New Zealand, you’ll receive a kit that contains everything you need to return your defective iPhone to Apple.
Before you ship your iPhone
Follow these steps before you send your iPhone in for repair or replacement. If it won't turn on or respond, finish as many steps as possible:
- Back up your iPhone. To protect your data, follow the steps in the “Before you send” section of this article.
- Remove your device from Find my iPhone.
- If possible, charge your iPhone fully and turn it off.
- Remove the SIM card from your iPhone if it uses one and keep it in a safe place. If your iPhone doesn't use a SIM card, contact your wireless service provider to suspend service.
Pack your iPhone using the included packaging materials
Customers in Australia may proceed to the ship your iPhone to Apple section.
- Remove the TNT shipping label from the box. Next to the barcode on the shipping label, look for the consignment number, which begins with “GE.” Make a note of the number.
- Place your iPhone in the bag. Do not include your stereo headset, USB cable, power adapter, or other accessories.
- Place the bag in the shipping box.
- Seal the box with the tape provided.
- Put the box in the TNT satchel and seal the satchel.
- Place the shipping label in the satchel’s clear plastic pocket.
Ship your iPhone to Apple
- Print the shipping label that Apple provided when you requested service.
- Take your shipping label and unpackaged iPhone to Australia Post. To find your nearest Australia Post Office, visit: auspost.com.au/locate/.
- Australia Post will package your iPhone and provide you a receipt to confirm the lodgment of the part return. Please keep your receipt.
- Your iPhone will be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible. Check the status of your service request.
To arrange a collection, either:
- Write an email
- Use the subject line “Apple collection - iPhone” followed by the TNT consignment number.
- Include in the email message: That you are using a prepaid satchel on account number 320792, whether your collection address is a residence or a business, and your contact phone number.
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call TNT Customer Service on 0800 275 868 and provide all the information in step 2 of “Write an email” above.
TNT will provide the booking reference number and collection date in response to your email or phone call.*
Your iPhone will be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible. You can check the status of your service request online.
*Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping if the package is not properly sealed or is delivered to the courier in poor condition.
Use your repaired or replaced iPhone
- If your iPhone uses a SIM card, insert the SIM card into your iPhone.
- Restore your iPhone from an iCloud or iTunes backup.
- Find My iPhone should be on by default, but you can confirm that Find My iPhone is on.
© 2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. AppleCare and iCloud are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.