Pages User Guide for Mac
- Intro to Pages
- Word-processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Find a document
- Open or close a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Use dictation to enter text
- Accents and special characters
- Add the date and time
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Change the font or font size
- Set a default font
- Bold, italic, underline, and strikethrough
- Change the color of text
- Add a shadow or outline to text
- Change text capitalization
- Copy and paste text styles
- Add a highlight effect to text
- Format hyphens, dashes, and quotation marks
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Create a custom template
- Add lines and arrows
- Animate, share, or save drawings
- Set movie and image formats
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF, or another file format
- Open an iBooks Author book in Pages
- Reduce the document file size
- Save a large document as a package file
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Lock a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Send a document in Pages on Mac
You can send a copy of a document using AirDrop, Mail, Messages, or another service.
Tip: Before you send a copy of your document to a recipient, you can lock it to prevent anyone from modifying the copy or password-protect it to restrict access to the document and provide extra security.
Send a copy of your document in Pages
With the document open, do one of the following:
macOS Ventura 13 or later: Click Share in the toolbar, then choose Send Copy.
macOS 12 or earlier: Choose File > Send a Copy (from the File menu at the top of your screen).
Choose a sending option.
AirDrop: Your recipient must accept the file to receive it.
Mail and Messages: : A copy of the file is sent to your recipient directly.
Notes: A copy of the file is saved in your own Notes files.
Select a format for the copy, then specify settings:
If there’s a “Require password to open” checkbox, you can select it to limit access to the document.
If you’ve already password-protected the document: The copy you send uses the current password. To use a different password just for this copy, click Change Password. (The password for your document won’t change.)
If you haven’t password-protected the document: Enter and verify the password you want to use to protect this copy. The password applies only to the copy.
Click Next, then provide the requested information (an email address if you’re sending an email, for example).
If you aren’t signed in to your account for the method you chose, sign in before continuing.
You can also export a document in a different format before sending. See Export to Word, PDF, or another file format in Pages on Mac
To make it easier to send, post, or share your document, you can reduce its file size.