With the Home app, you can customize settings for an individual HomePod and manage settings that apply to all of your HomePod speakers. You can change these settings only on an iOS device that’s signed in with the Apple ID that you used to set up HomePod.
Customize settings for a HomePod
You can customize settings for an individual HomePod, like its name, how you engage Siri, and the type of content it plays. Just open the Home app, press and hold HomePod in the Home or Rooms tab, and tap Details. From here, you can find the serial number of your HomePod and customize the following settings.
Change its name and location
Give HomePod a name, change the room where it is, and add it to Favorites so you can quickly access HomePod in Control Center and from the Home tab.
Manage Music & Podcasts
Choose how you engage Siri, what you want to see or hear when Siri is listening, and change the language and voice for Siri.
Manage settings for multiple HomePod speakers
You can manage settings that apply to all of your HomePod speakers in Home Settings. To find Home Settings, open the Home app and tap in the upper-left corner. From here, you can manage the following:
- Home Hub: Check if your HomePod is connected as a Home Hub.
- Share control: Invite others to control your HomePod and HomeKit accessories.
- Personal Requests: Under People, tap your name, then turn Personal Requests on or off to allow HomePod to access Messages, Reminders, and Notes.
- Software update: Check for updates, turn on automatic updates, and see the software version installed on HomePod.
Change AirPlay settings
In Home Settings, you can control how others connect to all of your HomePod speakers using AirPlay. Here's how:
- Open the Home app and tap in the upper-left corner.
- Tap Home Settings, then tap your Home.
- Under Speakers, Allow Speaker Access then choose from the following:
- Everyone: Anyone with in range of your HomePod can see and play to it.
- Anyone On the Same Network: Anyone connected to your home Wi-Fi network can AirPlay to your HomePod.
- Only People Sharing This Home: Only people that you invite to share control of your Home in the Home app can AirPlay to HomePod.
- Require Password: To AirPlay to HomePod, users will need to enter a password.
If you set your speaker access to require a password, only the primary user can transfer phone calls to HomePod.