iTunes Plus refers to songs and music videos in high quality AAC format that don’t have Digital Rights Management (DRM).
All songs and music videos now for sale in the iTunes Store are iTunes Plus. In some cases, if you previously bought music with DRM from the iTunes Store, you can download the higher quality, DRM-free versions of your songs with a subscription to iTunes Match. The tracks must show as Matched or Purchased in the iCloud Status column in your iTunes library, and the same album or song must still be available in the iTunes Store.
To upgrade your music to iTunes Plus, follow these steps on your computer:
- Open iTunes.
- If you're not already, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click the My Music tab at the top of iTunes.
- Click the song or album you want to upgrade.
- Press the delete key on your keyboard. In the message that appears, click Move to Trash.
- Click the iTunes Store tab at the top of iTunes.
- Under Quick Links on the right-hand side of iTunes, click Purchased.
- Click Music in the upper-right corner of iTunes.
- Find the song or album you want to upgrade.
- Click the iCloud Download icon on the song or album to download the new version.