Numbers User Guide for iPhone
- What’s new in Numbers 13.2
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalize templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Touchscreen basics
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetize or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Add borders and rules (lines) to separate text
- Add 3D objects
- Add lines and arrows
- Add and edit drawings
- Set the movie format
- Change object transparency
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Layer, group, and lock objects in Numbers on iPhone
You can work with and arrange the objects on a sheet in a number of ways:
Layer (or stack) objects to create the appearance of depth
Group objects to more easily move, resize, or rotate them as a single unit
Lock objects to avoid inadvertently moving, modifying, or deleting them
Drag an object so that it overlaps with one or more other objects.
Tap , then tap Arrange.
Tap an object, then do one of the following:
Drag the slider until the object is layered where you want it.
Tap the icons to move the selected object forward or backward.
You can select multiple objects to layer them all at once.
Group or ungroup objects
Touch and hold an object, then with another finger tap the other objects you want to group.
Lift your fingers, then tap Group.
To ungroup objects, tap the group, then tap Ungroup.
Lock or unlock objects
When an object is locked, you can’t move, delete, or modify it in any way until you unlock it.
Tap an object to select it or select multiple objects.
Tap , tap Arrange, then swipe up and tap Lock at the bottom of the controls.
To unlock an object, tap it, then tap Unlock.