iPod touch User Guide
- Your iPod touch
- What’s new in iOS 15
- Turn on and set up iPod touch
- Wake and unlock
- Connect to the internet
- Find settings
- Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts
- Learn the meaning of the status icons
- Download or bookmark the user guide
- Learn basic gestures
- Adjust the volume
- Multitask with Picture in Picture
- Access features from the Lock Screen
- Perform quick actions
- Search with iPod touch
- Use AirDrop to send items
- Take a screenshot or screen recording
- Get information about your iPod touch
- Travel with iPod touch
- Change or turn off the sounds
- Change the wallpaper
- Adjust the screen brightness and color balance
- Change the name of your iPod touch
- Change the date and time
- Change the language and region
- Use and customize Control Center
- Change or lock the screen orientation
- Set up FaceTime
- Make and receive calls
- Create a FaceTime link
- Take a Live Photo
- Use other apps during a call
- Make a Group FaceTime call
- View participants in a grid
- Use SharePlay to watch and listen together
- Share your screen
- Change the video settings
- Change the audio settings
- Add camera effects
- Leave a call or switch to Messages
- Block unwanted callers
- Adjust map settings
- Fill out your Health Details
- Track your menstrual cycle
- Back up your Health data
- Check your email
- Set email notifications
- Search for email
- Organize email in mailboxes
- Use Hide My Email
- Change email settings
- Use Mail Privacy Protection
- Delete and recover emails
- Add a Mail widget to your Home Screen
- Print emails
- View maps
- Search for places
- Find nearby attractions, restaurants, and services
- Get information about places
- Mark places
- Share places
- Rate places
- Save favorite places
- Explore new places with Guides
- Organize places in My Guides
- Get traffic and weather info
- Delete significant locations
- Quickly find your Maps settings
- Use Siri, Maps, and the Maps widget to get directions
- Select other route options
- Things you can do while following a route
- Get driving directions
- Report traffic incidents in Maps on iPod touch
- Get cycling directions
- Get walking directions
- Get transit directions
- Delete recent directions
- Use Maps on your Mac to get directions
- Get rides
- Get music
- View albums, playlists, and more
- Play music
- Queue up your music
- Listen to broadcast radio
- Listen to music with Apple Music Voice
- Change the way music sounds
- Get started with News
- Use News widgets
- See news stories chosen just for you
- Read stories
- Listen to Apple News Today
- Search for news stories
- Save news stories for later
- Subscribe to news channels
- View photos
- Play videos and slideshows
- Delete and hide photos and videos
- Edit photos and videos
- Trim video length and adjust slow motion
- Edit Live Photos
- Make photo albums
- Edit and organize albums
- Filter and sort photos in an album
- Search in Photos
- Share photos and videos
- View photos and videos shared with you
- Watch memories
- Personalize memories
- Find people in Photos
- Show a person or place less often
- Browse photos by location
- Use iCloud Photos
- Share photos with iCloud Shared Albums
- Import photos and videos
- Print photos
- Browse the web
- Customize your Safari settings
- Change the layout
- Search for websites
- Use tabs in Safari
- Bookmark favorite webpages
- Save pages to a Reading List
- View links shared with you
- Automatically fill in forms
- Get extensions
- Hide ads and distractions
- Browse the web privately
- Clear your cache
- Use Hide My Email
- Accessories for charging iPod touch
- HomePod and AirPlay 2 speakers
- External storage devices
- Bluetooth accessories
- Make and receive phone calls
- Hand off tasks between devices
- Wirelessly stream video, photos, and audio to Mac
- Cut, copy, and paste between iPod touch and other devices
- Connect iPod touch and your computer with a cable
- Sync iPod touch with your computer
- Transfer files between iPod touch and your computer
- Get started with accessibility features
- Turn on and practice VoiceOver
- Change your VoiceOver settings
- Learn VoiceOver gestures
- Operate iPod touch using VoiceOver gestures
- Control VoiceOver using the rotor
- Use the onscreen keyboard
- Write with your finger
- Use VoiceOver with an Apple external keyboard
- Use a braille display
- Type onscreen braille
- Customize gestures and keyboard shortcuts
- Use VoiceOver with a pointer device
- Use VoiceOver for images and videos
- Use VoiceOver in apps
- Display & Text Size
- Spoken Content
- Audio Descriptions
- Use built-in security and privacy protections
- Keep your Apple ID secure
- Sign in with Apple
- Automatically fill in strong passwords
- Change weak or compromised passwords
- View your passwords and related information
- Share passwords securely with AirDrop
- Make your passwords available on all your devices
- Automatically fill in verification codes
- Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID
- Control access to information in apps
- Control access to hardware features
- Control app tracking permissions on iPod touch
- Control the location information you share
- Turn on iCloud Private Relay
- Create and manage Hide My Email addresses
- Use a private network address
- Control how Apple delivers advertising to you
Play music on iPod touch
Use Now Playing in the Music app to show lyrics and play, pause, skip, shuffle, and repeat songs. You can also use Now Playing to view album art.
Note: Not all features are available in the Apple Music Voice Plan. For more information, see the Apple Support article About Apple Music Voice.
Tap the player near the bottom of the screen to show the Now Playing screen, where you can use these controls:
Play the current song.
Skip to the next song. Touch and hold to fast-forward through the current song.
Return to the song’s beginning. Tap again to play the previous song in an album or playlist. Touch and hold to rewind through the current song.
Open the queue, then tap to repeat an album or playlist. Double-tap to repeat a single song.
Open the queue, then tap to play your songs in random order. Tap again to turn off shuffle.
Hide the Now Playing Screen button.
Tap for more options.
Show time-synced lyrics (lyrics not available for all songs).
Stream music to Bluetooth or AirPlay-enabled devices.
Adjust the volume, see song details, and more
The Now Playing screen contains additional options for controlling and accessing music.
Adjust volume: Drag the volume slider.
You can also use the volume buttons on the side of iPod touch.
Navigate to the artist, album, or playlist: Tap the artist name below the song title, then choose to go to the artist, album, or playlist.
Scrub to any point in a song: Drag the playhead.
See time-synced lyrics
Time-synced lyrics appear for many songs in Apple Music.
Tap the player to open Now Playing, then tap . Lyrics scroll in time with the music.
To hide lyrics, tap .
Tip: Tap a specific lyric—the first line of the chorus, for example—to go to that part of the song.
To see all of a song’s lyrics, tap , then tap View Full Lyrics.
Note: You need an Apple Music subscription to view lyrics.
In iOS 14.5 and later, you can share up to 150 characters of a song’s lyrics if time-synced lyrics are available.
Tap the player to open Now Playing.
Tap , then tap Share Lyrics.
You can also touch and hold a lyrics line to open the sharing screen.
Tap the first and last lyrics you want to share, then choose a sharing option.
Note: You need an Apple Music subscription to share lyrics.
Report a concern
To report a concern about time-synced lyrics, touch and hold a lyrics line, then tap Report a Concern at the bottom of the screen.
Get audio controls from the Lock Screen or when using another app
Open Control Center, then tap the audio card.
Stream music to Bluetooth or AirPlay-enabled devices
Tap the player to open Now Playing.
Tap , then choose a device.
See Play audio from iPod touch on HomePod and AirPlay 2 speakers.
Note: You can play the same music on multiple AirPlay 2-enabled devices, such as two or more HomePod speakers. You can also pair two sets of AirPods to one iPod touch and enjoy the same song or movie along with a friend. See Control audio on multiple AirPlay 2-enabled devices in this user guide and Share audio with AirPods and Beats in the AirPods User Guide.