macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Manage your Mac laptop’s battery
Your Mac laptop has a battery so you can use it when an electrical outlet isn’t available. To learn how to charge the battery and maintain battery life, see the topics below. To learn if the battery can be replaced, refer to the documentation that came with your Mac.
Charge your battery by connecting the power adapter to your Mac, then plugging it into an electrical outlet.
Check your battery’s status. The Battery Status menu at the right side of the menu bar shows you how much charge your battery has and whether it’s currently charging.
Conserve your battery’s power by adjusting options in Battery settings.