VoiceOver User Guide
- What’s new in VoiceOver
- Use VoiceOver in the login window
- Change function key behaviour
- Make VoiceOver ignore the next key press
- Learn or mute VoiceOver sound effects
- Hear hints and information
- Use positional audio
- Interact with areas and groups
- Hear progress or status changes
- Select and deselect items
- Drag and drop items
- Use cursor tracking
- Use VoiceOver Utility
- Change voice settings
- Customise verbosity
- Customise punctuation
- Change how VoiceOver pronounces text and symbols
- Change what the VoiceOver rotor shows
- Create custom labels for UI elements
- Export, import, and reset VoiceOver preferences
- Use VoiceOver portable preferences
- Use VoiceOver activities
Change what the VoiceOver rotor shows on Mac
Change the VoiceOver rotor to list only the items that you use most often to browse webpages, such as links or tables.
Note: VO represents the VoiceOver modifier. See Use the VoiceOver modifier.
Open VoiceOver Utility (press VO-F8 when VoiceOver is on), click the Web category, then click Web Rotor.
Select the checkbox for each item to include in the VoiceOver rotor when viewing webpages. To change the order of items in the VoiceOver rotor, select an item, then press Command-Up Arrow or Command-Down Arrow.
The items you include in the VoiceOver rotor determine the details VoiceOver speaks in the webpage summary. See Hear VoiceOver summarise a webpage on Mac.