Numbers User Guide for Mac
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, graphs and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open or close spreadsheets
- Personalise templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Touch Bar for Numbers
- Use VoiceOver to create a spreadsheet
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Filter data
- Alphabetise or sort data in a table
- Modify graph data
- Move and resize graphs
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Use a keyboard shortcut to apply a style
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add a highlighting effect to text
- Add links
- Add rules (lines) to separate text
- Add lines and arrows
- Animate, share or save drawings
- Set movie and image formats
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Reduce the spreadsheet file size
- Save a large spreadsheet as a package file
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Lock a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Use phonetic guides in Numbers on Mac
If you have a Chinese, Japanese or Korean keyboard set up for your Mac, iPhone or iPad, you can apply phonetic guides to words written in any language even if you don’t use any of these keyboards.
Provide a phonetic guide alongside text
Don’t include any trailing paragraph breaks or punctuation in your selected text.
Control-click the selected text, then select Phonetic Guide Text from the shortcut menu.
A phonetic guide appears with the selected text.
To change the phonetic guide text, choose one of the options in the Phonetic Guide list or type your own text in the text field at the top.
Click anywhere outside the Phonetic Guide Text window to apply the text you chose, then close the window.
Change or remove phonetic guide text
You can change the language of phonetic guide text or remove the text.
Click the word with phonetic guide text, then select Phonetic Guide Text from the shortcut menu.
Do one of the following:
Change the guide text: Enter new text or select one of the options.
The phonetic options presented depend on which keyboards are set up.
Remove the guide text: Click Remove Phonetic Guide Text.
If you don’t see the suggestions you are looking for, make sure the spreadsheet is set up to use the language you want. Choose File > Advanced > Language & Region, then select a language.