iTunes Plus refers to songs and some music videos* in high-quality AAC format that don't have Digital Rights Management (DRM).
All songs now for sale in the iTunes Store are iTunes Plus. If you previously bought music with DRM from the iTunes Store, you might be able to download DRM-free versions of your songs with an iTunes Match subscription. The tracks must show as Matched or Purchased in the iCloud Status column in your iTunes library. The same album or song must also still be available in the iTunes Store.
To upgrade your music to iTunes Plus, follow these steps on your computer:
- Open iTunes.
- If you're not already signed in, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click the My Music tab at the top of iTunes.
- Click the song or album you want to upgrade.
- Press the delete key on your keyboard. In the message that appears, click Move to Trash.
- Click the iTunes Store tab at the top of iTunes.
- Under Quick Links on the right-hand side of iTunes, click Purchased.
- Click Music in the upper-right corner of iTunes.
- Find the song or album you want to upgrade.
- To download the new version, click the iCloud Download icon on the song or album.
*To download iTunes Plus music videos, deselect "Download high-quality SD videos" in iTunes preferences. High-quality SD videos aren't compatible with all older generation iPods, and have DRM.