Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Apple Watch gestures
- Use double tap to perform common actions
- Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone
- Set up more than one Apple Watch
- Pair Apple Watch with a new iPhone
- The Apple Watch app
- Charge Apple Watch
- Turn on and wake Apple Watch
- Lock or unlock Apple Watch
- Change language and orientation on Apple Watch
- Remove, change, and fasten Apple Watch bands
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Use the Smart Stack to show timely widgets
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- See time in daylight
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Set up and use cellular service on Apple Watch
- Get started with Apple Fitness+
- Subscribe to Apple Fitness+
- Find Fitness+ workouts and meditations
- Start a Fitness+ workout or meditation
- Create a Custom Plan in Apple Fitness+
- Work out together using SharePlay
- Change what’s on the screen during a Fitness+ workout or meditation
- Download a Fitness+ workout
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- Get started with the Workout app on Apple Watch
- What’s new in Workout
- Go cycling
- Go for a swim
- Change settings in Workout
- World Clock
- Set up Apple Watch using VoiceOver
- Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver
- Apple Watch Mirroring
- Control nearby devices
- Use a braille display
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard
- Tell time with haptic feedback
- Adjust text size and other visual settings
- Adjust motor skills settings
- Set up and use RTT
- Accessibility audio settings
- Type to speak
- Use accessibility features with Siri
- The Accessibility Shortcut
Organize apps on Apple Watch
Rearrange your apps in grid view
On your Apple Watch, press the Digital Crown to go to the Home Screen.
If the screen is in list view, swipe to the bottom of the screen, then tap Grid View. Or open the Settings app on your Apple Watch, tap App View, then tap Grid View.
Touch and hold an app, then drag the app to a new location.
Press the Digital Crown when you’re done.
Or open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, tap App View, then tap Arrangement. Touch and hold an app icon, then drag it to a new location.
Note: In list view, apps are always arranged in alphabetical order.
Remove an app from Apple Watch
Touch and hold the Home Screen, then tap the X to remove the app from your Apple Watch. It remains on your paired iPhone, unless you delete it there, too.
In list view, swipe left on the app, then tap to remove it from your Apple Watch.
If you remove an app from your iPhone, that app is also deleted from your Apple Watch. If you want to restore an app, including built-in Apple apps, you can download it from the App Store on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
Note: Not all apps can be removed from your Apple Watch.
Adjust app settings
Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
Tap My Watch, then scroll down to see apps you installed.
Tap an app to change its settings.
Some restrictions you set on your iPhone in Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions affect your Apple Watch also. For example, if you disable Camera on your iPhone, the Camera Remote icon is removed from the Apple Watch Home Screen.
Check storage used by apps
You can learn how the storage space is being used on your Apple Watch—the total amount of storage used, the amount remaining, and how much storage each app uses.
Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
Go to General > Storage.
You can also open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, then go to General > Storage.
Download this guide: PDF