Pages User Guide for iPad
- What’s new in Pages 13.2
- Intro to Pages
- Word-processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Find a document
- Open a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Use Apple Pencil with Pages
- Customize the toolbar
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Add the date and time
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Add 3D objects
- Add lines and arrows
- Add and edit drawings
- Set the movie format
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Send a document
- Publish a book to Apple Books
- Use presenter mode
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF, or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Layer, group, and lock objects in Pages on iPad
You can work with and arrange the objects on a page in a number of ways:
Layer (or stack) objects to create the appearance of depth
Group objects to more easily move, resize, or rotate them as a single unit
Lock objects to avoid inadvertently moving, modifying, or deleting them
Drag an object so that it overlaps with one or more other objects.
Tap , then tap Arrange.
Tap an object, then do one of the following:
Drag the slider until the object is layered where you want it.
Tap the icons to move the selected object forward or backward.
You can select multiple objects to layer them all at once.
Group or ungroup objects
Touch and hold an object, then with another finger, tap the other objects you want to group.
Lift your fingers, then tap Group.
To ungroup objects, tap the group, then tap Ungroup.
Lock or unlock objects
When an object is locked, you can’t move, delete, or modify it in any way until you unlock it.
Tap an object to select it or select multiple objects.
Tap , tap Arrange, then tap Lock.
If you don’t see Lock, the object is set to Move with Text. Turn off Move with Text and try again.
To unlock an object, tap it, then tap Unlock.