Pages User Guide for iPhone
- What’s new in Pages 13.2
- Intro to Pages
- Word-processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Find a document
- Open a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Add the date and time
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Add 3D objects
- Add lines and arrows
- Add and edit drawings
- Set the movie format
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Send a document
- Publish a book to Apple Books
- Use presenter mode
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF, or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Restore an earlier document version in Pages on iPhone
iCloud periodically saves versions of the files stored in iCloud Drive. If your document is saved in iCloud Drive and you want to return to a previous version of it (for example, because you deleted content you decide you still need), you can restore an earlier version.
View, copy, and restore an earlier version
Open Pages, and if a document is already open, tap Documents or in the top-left corner to see all your documents.
With the document manager in browse view, tap Select at the top of the screen, then tap the document (a checkmark appears).
Tap at the top of the screen.
Tap a previous version to select it.
Pages displays the version. You can search for text in the preview, and you can copy text and objects. However, you can’t edit in the preview.
Do one of the following:
Save a copy of the version shown in the preview: Tap Save a Copy. Pages opens the copy as a new document for you to edit. (The original version is available in the document manager, where the copied version also appears.)
Replace the current version with the preview version: Tap Restore.
Close the preview and return to the current version: Tap Close.
If you don’t see the document you want, try searching for it, or tap Browse or Recents at the bottom of the screen. See Find a document.
If you add a password to a document or change an existing password, it applies only to that version of the document and to subsequent versions.
Note: If the document is shared with others, anyone with editing permission can copy and restore only the versions created after you shared the document. Anyone with view-only permission has no access to earlier versions. To prevent others from restoring an unprotected version of the document or a version with an older password, stop sharing the document, add a unique password to it, then share the document again.