Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Use your Apple Watch with a cellular network
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- World Clock
- Set up Apple Watch using VoiceOver
- Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver
- Apple Watch Mirroring
- Control nearby devices
- Use a braille display
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard
- Tell time with haptic feedback
- Adjust text size and other visual settings
- Adjust motor skills settings
- Set up and use RTT
- Accessibility audio settings
- Use accessibility features with Siri
- The Accessibility Shortcut
Restart Apple Watch
If something isn’t working right, try restarting your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone.
Restart Apple Watch
Turn off your Apple Watch: Press and hold the side button until the sliders appear, tap , then drag the Power Off slider to the right.
Turn on your Apple Watch: Hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears.
Note: You can’t restart your Apple Watch while it’s charging.
Restart the paired iPhone
Turn off your iPhone: For models with Face ID, press and hold the side button and a volume button, then drag the slider to the right. For models without Face ID, press and hold the side or top button until the slider appears, then drag the slider to the right. With any model, you can also go to Settings > General > Shut Down.
Turn on your iPhone: Hold down the side or top button until the Apple logo appears.
Force Apple Watch to restart
If you can’t turn off your Apple Watch or if the problem continues, you may need to force your Apple Watch to restart. Do this only if you’re unable to restart your Apple Watch.
To force restart, hold down the side button and the Digital Crown at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.