Pages User Guide for iPad
- What’s new in Pages 13.2
- Intro to Pages
- Word-processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Find a document
- Open a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Use Apple Pencil with Pages
- Customize the toolbar
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Add the date and time
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Add 3D objects
- Add lines and arrows
- Add and edit drawings
- Set the movie format
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Send a document
- Publish a book to Apple Books
- Use presenter mode
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF, or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Set paragraph margins in Pages on iPad
You can adjust the margins for specific paragraphs to indent them from the document margins, and change the indentation of the first line of each paragraph. To set margins for the whole document, see Set document margins.
Set paragraph margins in body text
Tap in a paragraph, or select one or more paragraphs.
Note: Your changes apply only to the paragraphs or text selected.
If the ruler isn’t showing, tap , then turn on Ruler.
Drag the margin and paragraph indent markers to where you want them.
As you drag, you see a magnified view of the marker with its numerical location on the ruler to help you place it precisely.
If you have trouble selecting the first line indent marker, try turning your iPad in landscape (horizontal) orientation to move the marker away from the Undo button.
Set text margins in a text box, shape, or table cell
You can adjust the amount of space between text and the text box or shape that contains it.
Select text, or tap a text box, a shape with text, or a table cell, column, or row.
Tap , then tap Text or Cell.
In the Margin section, tap to decrease or increase the amount of space, or tap the margin size and enter a new value.