Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalize templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetize or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with color or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Save and name spreadsheets in Numbers on iPad
Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheet as you work and gives it a default name. At any time, you can rename the spreadsheet or create a duplicate of it with a different name.
Rename a spreadsheet
Open the spreadsheet you want to rename.
Tap the spreadsheet name, then tap Rename.
Type a new name, then tap anywhere outside the text field to save it.
To quickly delete the current name, tap the “x” in the text field.
Save a copy of a spreadsheet
Open Numbers, and if a spreadsheet is already open, tap Spreadsheets in the top-left corner to see all your spreadsheets.
Touch and hold the spreadsheet thumbnail, lift your finger, then tap Duplicate.
The duplicate appears with a number appended to its name.
If you don’t see the spreadsheet you want to copy, try searching for it, or tap Browse or Recents at the bottom of the screen. See Find a spreadsheet in Numbers on iPad.