Pages User Guide for Mac
- Intro to Pages
- Word-processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Find a document
- Open or close a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Create a document using VoiceOver
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Use dictation to enter text
- Accents and special characters
- Add the date and time
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Change the font or font size
- Set a default font
- Bold, italic, underline, and strikethrough
- Change the color of text
- Add a shadow or outline to text
- Change text capitalization
- Copy and paste text styles
- Add a highlight effect to text
- Format hyphens, dashes, and quotation marks
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Add, rearrange, and delete pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Create a custom template
- Add lines and arrows
- Animate, share, or save drawings
- Set movie and image formats
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF, or another file format
- Open an iBooks Author book in Pages
- Reduce the document file size
- Save a large document as a package file
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Lock a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Add an image gallery in Pages on Mac
With an image gallery, you can view a collection of photos in one place on a page, so only one shows at a time. You might want to do this, for example, if you plan to export your document in EPUB format and publish it to Apple Books, so readers can tap or click through the images as they would through a slideshow.
Click in the toolbar, then choose Image Gallery.
Drag the image gallery to reposition it on the page, and drag any selection handle to resize it.
To add images, drag them from your computer to the image gallery.
To customize the image gallery, make sure it’s still selected, then do any of the following:
Adjust the position or zoom level of an image: Double-click the image on the page, then drag it to move it in the frame. Drag the slider to zoom.
Reorder images: In the Format sidebar, click the Gallery tab, then drag image thumbnails to reorder them.
Add an image description that can be used by assistive technology (for example, VoiceOver): Click the Gallery tab in the Format sidebar, then click an image thumbnail. Enter your text in the Image Description text box. The image description isn’t visible anywhere in your document.
You can also add a title to an image gallery, as well as add captions to individual images or all images. See Add a caption or title to objects in Pages on Mac.
To view the image gallery, click or .
To remove an image from the gallery, in the Format sidebar, click the Gallery tab, click the image thumbnail, then press Delete.