Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Get started
- Your Apple Watch
- Apple Watch gestures
- Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone
- The Apple Watch app
- Charge Apple Watch
- Turn on and wake Apple Watch
- Lock or unlock Apple Watch
- Change language and orientation on Apple Watch
- Remove, change, and fasten Apple Watch bands
- Stay fit with Apple Watch
- Track important health information with Apple Watch
- Stay connected with Apple Watch
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Create an emergency Medical ID
- Manage fall detection
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Use your Apple Watch with a cellular network
- All about Apple Fitness+
- Subscribe to Apple Fitness+
- Set up Apple Fitness+ on Apple TV
- Browse Fitness+ workouts and Meditations
- Start a Fitness+ workout
- Pause and resume a Fitness+ workout
- End and review a Fitness+ workout
- Work out together using SharePlay
- Change what’s on the screen during a Fitness+ workout
- Download a Fitness+ workout
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Cycle Tracking
- Heart Rate
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- World Clock
Make purchases with Apple Watch
Pay for a purchase in a store with Apple Watch
Double-click the side button.
Scroll to choose a card.
Hold your Apple Watch within a few centimeters of the contactless card reader, with the display facing the reader.
A gentle tap and beep confirm that the payment information was sent. You receive a notification in Notification Center when the transaction is confirmed.
For cards that support it, you also receive a notification for purchases made with any card you’ve added to Wallet, even if you didn’t make it with your Apple Watch, iPad, or an iOS device.
You can turn off notifications and history for individual cards within Wallet. Just open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, go to Wallet & Apple Pay, tap a card, tap Transactions, then turn Show History and Allow Notifications on or off.
Make a purchase within an app
When you’re shopping in an app on your Apple Watch, choose the Apple Pay option during checkout.
Review the payment, shipping, and billing information, then double-click the side button to pay with your Apple Watch.