Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalize templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Customize the toolbar
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetize or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with color or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Use phonetic guides in Numbers on iPad
If you have a Chinese, Japanese, or Korean keyboard set up for your Mac, iPhone, or iPad, you can apply phonetic guides to words written in any language even if you don’t use any of these keyboards.
Provide a phonetic guide alongside text
Don’t include any trailing paragraph breaks or punctuation in your selected text.
Tap Phonetics. (You may need to tap until you see the Phonetics button.)
A phonetic guide appears with the selected text.
To change the phonetic guide text, tap Guide in the Phonetic Guide list, then select other guide text, or type your own text in the field at the top.
Tap anywhere outside the phonetic guide to apply the text you chose and close the window.
Change or remove phonetic guide text
You can change the language of phonetic guide text or remove the text.
Select the word with phonetic guide text, then tap it.
Do one of the following:
Change the guide text: In the Guide Text list, select guide text in the language you prefer.
The phonetic options presented depend on which keyboards are set up.
Remove the guide text: Tap Remove Guide.
If you don’t see the suggestions you are looking for, make sure the spreadsheet is set up to use the language you want. Tap , tap Language & Region, tap Language, then select a language.