Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalize templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Customize the toolbar
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetize or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with color or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Stop sharing a spreadsheet in Numbers on iPad
If you’re the owner of a spreadsheet that’s shared with others, you can stop sharing it to prevent anyone from viewing or editing it.
Tip: If you expect to temporarily pause sharing for a group, start your collaboration in the Finder, on iCloud.com, or on Box.com. (If you stop and restart sharing inside of Numbers, all previous activity information may be lost.)
Tap in the toolbar.
Tap Manage Shared Spreadsheet.
Tap Stop Sharing.
Anyone who has the spreadsheet open when you stop sharing receives an alert. The spreadsheet closes when they dismiss the alert, and the spreadsheet is removed from their iCloud Drive.
The original link to the spreadsheet no longer works, unless you later share the spreadsheet again and set the access to “Anyone with the link.” If the access is set to “People you invite,” the original link works only for people you reinvite to the spreadsheet.
Note: If you’re the owner of a shared spreadsheet and you move it to another location, the link is broken, and participants lose access to the spreadsheet.