Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Apple Watch gestures
- Use double tap to perform common actions
- Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone
- Set up more than one Apple Watch
- Pair Apple Watch with a new iPhone
- The Apple Watch app
- Charge Apple Watch
- Turn on and wake Apple Watch
- Lock or unlock Apple Watch
- Change language and orientation on Apple Watch
- Remove, change, and fasten Apple Watch bands
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Use the Smart Stack to show timely widgets
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- See time in daylight
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Set up and use cellular service on Apple Watch
- Get started with Apple Fitness+
- Subscribe to Apple Fitness+
- Find Fitness+ workouts and meditations
- Start a Fitness+ workout or meditation
- Create a Custom Plan in Apple Fitness+
- Work out together using SharePlay
- Change what’s on the screen during a Fitness+ workout or meditation
- Download a Fitness+ workout
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- Get started with the Workout app on Apple Watch
- What’s new in Workout
- Go cycling
- Go for a swim
- Change settings in Workout
- World Clock
- Set up Apple Watch using VoiceOver
- Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver
- Apple Watch Mirroring
- Control nearby devices
- Use a braille display
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard
- Tell time with haptic feedback
- Adjust text size and other visual settings
- Adjust motor skills settings
- Set up and use RTT
- Accessibility audio settings
- Type to speak
- Use accessibility features with Siri
- The Accessibility Shortcut
View photos and Memories on Apple Watch
On Apple Watch, browse your photos in the Photos app and show a photo on your watch face.
Browse photos in the Photos app on Apple Watch
Open the Photos app on your Apple Watch and use these actions to browse your photos.
Tap a memory, Featured Photos, or an album you’ve synced to your Apple Watch.
Tap a photo to view it.
Swipe left or right to see other photos.
Turn the Digital Crown to zoom, or drag to pan a photo.
Double-tap to fill the screen or see the entire image.
Zoom all the way out to see the entire photo album.
View a memory on the watch face
In addition to viewing Memories in the Photos app on your Apple Watch, you can view them on the Siri and Photos watch faces.
See a recent memory from the Siri watch face: Choose the Siri watch face, then tap a memory.
See photos from Memories on the Photos watch face: Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap Face Gallery, tap the Photos watch face, then tap Dynamic.
The Dynamic watch face displays photos from your recent Memories, and it updates when you have new ones.
View a Live Photo on Apple Watch
Look for the Live Photo symbol in the bottom-left corner of a photo, then touch and hold the photo.
For more information about Live Photos, see the iPhone User Guide.
Share a photo
While viewing a photo in the Photos app on your Apple Watch, tap , then choose a sharing option.
Create a photo watch face
While viewing a photo in the Photos app on your Apple Watch, tap , scroll down, then tap Create Face. You can also create a Kaleidoscope watch face based on the photo, or add a new Photos watch face in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. See Change the watch face on your Apple Watch.
Tip: You can easily create a watch face on your iPhone. Open the Photos app on your iPhone, tap a photo, tap , swipe up, tap Create Watch Face, then choose to create a Portraits, Photos, or Kaleidoscope watch face.
To learn how to choose a different photo album, see Choose a photo album and manage storage on Apple Watch.
Download this guide: PDF