Pages User Guide for Mac
- What’s new in Pages 13.2
- Intro to Pages
- Word processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Find a document
- Open or close a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Use dictation to enter text
- Accents and special characters
- Add the date and time
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Change the font or font size
- Set a default font
- Bold, italic, underline and strikethrough
- Change the colour of text
- Add a shadow or outline to text
- Change text capitalisation
- Copy and paste text styles
- Add a highlight effect to text
- Format hyphens, dashes and quotation marks
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Create a custom template
- Add 3D objects
- Add lines and arrows
- Animate, share or save drawings
- Set movie and image formats
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move or lock a table
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF or another file format
- Open an iBooks Author book in Pages
- Reduce the document file size
- Save a large document as a package file
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Lock a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Animate, share or save drawings in Pages on Mac
You can draw in a Pages document on iPhone and iPad. If you later open the document in Pages for Mac, you can animate the drawing, share it or save it to Photos as an image or movie file.
Animate a drawing
You can animate a drawing so that it appears in your document as if it’s being drawn.
Click to select the drawing you want to animate.
In the Format sidebar, click the Drawing tab, then select the Animate Drawing tickbox.
Do any of the following:
Adjust how long the animation plays: Drag the Duration slider.
Repeat the animation in a loop: Select the Loop tickbox.
Preview the animation: Click Play.
To play the animation in your document, select the drawing, then click Play Drawing.
When you export the document in EPUB format, the animation is converted to a video. In a reflowable EPUB document, the video has a white background. In a fixed layout EPUB document, the video has the same background as in Pages. See Export to Word, PDF or another file format.
Add a drawing description
You can add a description to any drawing in your document. Drawing descriptions are read by assistive technology (for example, VoiceOver) when someone uses that technology to access your document. Drawing descriptions aren’t visible anywhere in your document.
Click the drawing to select it, then in the Format sidebar, click the Drawing tab.
Click the Description text box, then enter your text.
If you export your document as a PDF, drawing descriptions are still readable by assistive technology. See Export to Word, PDF or another file format in Pages on Mac.
Share or save a drawing
You can share or save any drawing as an image, and you can also save an animated drawing as a video.
In the document, Control-click the drawing, then choose Share.
If the drawing is animated, choose Share as Image or Share as Movie.
Do one of the following:
Share: Choose a method for sending the drawing.
Save: Choose Add to Photos.