Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalise templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetise or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Add an image gallery in Numbers on iPad
With an image gallery, you can view a collection of photos in one place (except in a table cell), so only one shows at a time. You can then tap through the images as you would through a slideshow.
Tap , tap , then tap Image Gallery.
Drag the image gallery to reposition it in the spreadsheet, and drag any blue dot to resize it.
Tap in the bottom-right corner of the image gallery, tap to select multiple images then tap Add.
To customise the image gallery, make sure it’s still selected, then do any of the following:
Adjust the position or zoom level of an image: Double-tap the image in the spreadsheet, then drag it to move it in the frame. Drag the slider to zoom.
Reorder images: Tap , tap Gallery, tap Manage Images (on most iPad models), then tap Edit. Touch and hold , then drag to reorder images.
Add an image description that can be used by assistive technology (for example, VoiceOver): Tap , tap Gallery, then tap Description. Enter your text in the text box. The image description isn’t visible anywhere in your spreadsheet.
To add descriptions to other images in the gallery, tap the left or right arrow below the text box.
You can also add a title to an image gallery, as well as add captions to individual images or all images. See Add a caption or title to objects in Numbers on iPad.
To view the image gallery, tap or .
To add more images, tap the image gallery, then tap Add Images.
To remove an image, tap , tap Gallery, tap Manage Images (on most iPad models), then swipe left on an image and tap Delete.