macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
If your Mac battery runs out of charge quickly
If the battery in your Mac laptop runs out of charge more quickly than you expected, try any of the following:
Check your battery’s condition. The battery’s ability to hold a charge may be less than when it was new. See Check the condition of your Mac laptop’s battery.
Change your settings. For example, dim the display, turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and set the display to turn off after a period of inactivity. See Save energy on your Mac.
Turn on Low Power Mode. See Change Battery settings on a Mac laptop.
Quit apps that you aren’t using. Even an app you aren’t using may be working in the background and consuming energy.
Disconnect any accessories that you aren’t using, such as external hard drives.
Keep your software up to date. See the Apple Support article Update macOS on Mac.