Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Hear your Mac read documents
In many apps, your Mac can read aloud documents, webpages, messages, and more.
In an app on your Mac, do any of the following:
Hear an entire document: Choose Edit > Speech > Start Speaking.
Hear part of a document: In a document, select the text you want to hear, then choose Edit > Speech > Start Speaking.
Stop the speaking: Choose Edit > Speech > Stop Speaking.
Thanks for your feedback.