Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Find out if the optical drive on your Mac can burn discs
You can connect and use an external optical drive (for example, an Apple USB SuperDrive) to play and burn CDs and DVDs.
To find out whether your Mac can burn CDs and DVDs and what types it can burn, see the System Report in About settings.
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click General in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)
Click About on the right, then click System Report.
Click Disc Burning, then review the information for the optical drive.
Thanks for your feedback.