Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Control access to screen recording on Mac
Some apps and websites can access and record the contents of your screen on your Mac. You can decide which apps and websites are allowed to record your screen.
Choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Privacy & Security in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)
Click Screen Recording.
Turn screen recording on or off for each app in the list.
If you allow third-party apps or websites to record your screen, any information they collect is governed by their terms and privacy policies. It’s recommended that you learn about the privacy practices of those parties.
If you’re a systems administrator and want information about deploying security settings, see Apple Platform Deployment.
Thanks for your feedback.