Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Charge a Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse 2, or Magic Trackpad 2 with Mac
When you connect your Apple Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse 2, or Magic Trackpad 2 to your Mac, it automatically charges.
Connect one end of a Lightning to USB Cable to your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse 2, or Magic Trackpad 2 and the other end to the USB port on your Mac. Depending on your Mac, you may need an adapter, which is available from an Apple Store or on apple.com.
You can use your Magic Keyboard or Magic Trackpad 2 while it’s connected to your Mac, but you can’t use your Magic Mouse 2 when it’s connected to its charging cable.
When your keyboard, mouse, or trackpad is charged, you receive a notification on your screen or display that you can disconnect the cable and use your device wirelessly.
Thanks for your feedback.